Hooray Cologne! What’s better than a design fair in the spring? A design fair in the spring with Foundry! The design group known as Foundry, an excellent group of folks based in Singapore, just exhibited their new works in imm Cologne 2010 design fair. And wouldn’t you know it, they’ve shared a bit of that lovely tea-time with us! And now we share it with you!
Foundry is an interesting situation! Founded by Felix Low, Foundry is art directed by the design collective called “Outofstock.” Below you’ll find the debut collection of Foundry as presented at imm Cologne 2010, showcasing the works of young designers such as Sebastian Herkner & Reinhard Dienes, Studio Hausen, Elisa Honkanen, Ana Kras, Outofstock and Tomohiko Sato.
In this collection is…
1. Epos by Sebastian Herkner & Reinhard Dienes, a shelving system made of solid oak and powder-coated steel.
2. Aina by Elisa Honkanen, a set of nesting tables in white oak, walnut, or nordic red. Sassy!
3. Glide by Outofstock, an easy chair in white oak or walnut.
4. Stalker by Studio Hausen, tripod side table, legs in white oak or walnut, ash table top with ice white or charcoal black paint.
5. Hug by Ana Kraš, wooden chair made in two layers, outer layer being solid ash painted charcoal black or ice white, the inner layer oak.
6. Drape by Felix Low, chair made of bent-plywood, seat made of walnut veneer laminated wood, chair frame in solid walnut.
7. Hull by Outofstock, table made of solid oak, legs of walnut, or just the opposite with walnut table and solid oak legs.
8. Rack Your Brain by Tomohiko Sato, hanger system made to look like a piece of abstract art. Silk screened wood-grain for good-natured deception.