Boombastic Surround Sound or Single Stereo, Take Your Pick

Earbuds for iPod and gang are good enough, but in the interest of avoiding ear damage, its always advisable to hear your music over normal speakers at least when you are at home. There are many options available in the market but the Designit Concept takes an edge because it offers the option of cluster or standalone.

The key words that David Granath takes to describe these sound clusters are flexible and mobile. Use single pieces or use a bunch of them together, the choice is entirely yours. Collectively they are ideal to create stereo or surround sound. The good news is that you can plug them into the wall socket for power or hook them to some cumbersome cables and then to a power source. Sound is transmitted via Bluetooth, Wlan and works with iPod and many other players.

Designer: David Granath

• susie says:

Great idea! But a product design graduate had the exact same idea and design who graduated last yr at csm! …. i don’t know if it was a coicidence.. or someones been copying…

• susie says:

maybe its a coicidence! no offense.. theres alot of thinkalike!

• zippyflounder says:

form factors are “copyied” all the time, or re discoverd if you will. Innovation generaly only truly happens when a new technology is available and then raidates out to all sorts of produts.

• hedsaw says:

Heh, even I got a very similar design in my draft book I did last year.

I guess theres too many think-alike’s out there! not that its a bad thing, actually its great 😀

• Hadley says:

Love this idea…

• Jobo says:

same idea 2 years ago , so many think alike, should have made it 🙁

• JEB says:

At first sight I thought this was a set of ceiling descending lights with built in speaker function. Now I see that its not and I’m strangely disappointed – there’s another idea for you. Talk about surrounded by sound and light.