Voice Stick

Braille is still the standard when it comes to helping the visually impaired read. Unfortunately translating text into braille is costly and time consuming thus the disproportionate number of braille books. Voice Stick is an advance optical character recognition scanner designed to make all books available to the visually impaired.

As you pass the wand over a page, text in translated and read to you in a friendly voice. It can be used to convert any text from books, newspapers, contracts, mail, business cards, etc., into voice information.

Designer: Sungwoo Park

• momo23 says:

Good cause but how does a blind know the orientation of the words on the paper? Portrait, landscape or even upside down?

• enoo says:

I suppose it’s just a concept again. OCR is still far from perfect, and scanning manualy a document won’t help.
    Really.

Hm, and the “Voice Stick” link printed on the bottom of the last image has nothing to do with this, it’s just a VoIP company. Maybe the guy should have checked that before doing a nice 3D render with that adress. I guess that kinda proves it’s just a non-existing product.

• turcco says:

its a good idea. but OCR mistakes may cause irritation. then we should read it ourselves. and how speed can it read? anyway good idea.

• obvi says:

Is this only a concept? I have a blind friend who would love something like this. He’s not very good with braille

• Klaas Jager says:

where can i buy this product and what does it cost??
    A student in my class is blind.

K. jager

• yuli says:

Sungwoo Park 짱!

• Tom Quigan says:

My wife just went blind in seven days. She loves to read. How can I buy your Voice Stick?

Tom Quigan

• lauret says:

où puis-je acheter le voice stick ?

• Mark says:

I have to be honest, I don’t like the overly “conceptual” designs like this, it’s like painting two phonebooths silver and saying you’ve designed teleporters.

• Bob C says:

I think that this is just a concept but there are pen like devises that will read text out loud. I don’t know how well the work (or how suitable they are for blind/partially sighted) but one example is the reading pen from wizcom

I would suggest contacting your local bind and partially sighted society for advice on what is available

• Tucker says:

Do you all see the potential of this? Not only is this great for the visually impaired but could it not also translate foreign language into your own language? Imagine reading a newspaper from Tokyo!

• Sirius says:

Hi, We can record his own voice for reading?

• LOAY says:

WHAT IS THE PRIECE OP VOICE STICK

• Hola soy de puerto vallarta ubicado en mexico

me podrias informar donde puedo conseguir este producto (voice stink escner para ciegos) indicandome el precio y la ubicacion de donde estan disponibles de favor que lo pueda encontrar lo mas sercano pocible de mi ubicasion.

me despido con un gran saludo esperando una respuesta lo mas pronto pocible gracias y buen dia.

• Hola soy de puerto vallarta ubicado en mexico

me podrias informar donde puedo conseguir este producto (voice stink escáner para ciegos) indicandome el precio y la ubicacion de donde estan disponibles de favor que lo pueda encontrar lo mas sercano pocible de mi ubicasion.

• jang says:

한국에서 구입하고 싶은데요. 어떻게 하면 가능할까요?

• sue buttery says:

Is the voice stick available for purchase and if so how much

• sue buttery says:

Please contact me asap as i would like to know if the voice stick is available for purchase and if so how much. thank you

• Hanne Mason says:

I am also very keen to find out if the voice stick is available for purchase – where – and at what price? Look forward to receiving a reply a.s.a.p. Thank you.

• Hanne Mason says:

• jane says:

by reading the above comments, I'm assuming most of the above are in the average age of 50 and below. I work with patients who are 70's to 100's plus. My patients are amazing in every sense of the word. I would love to have this "voice stick". The possibilities would be endless.

• jane says:

by reading the above comments, I'm assuming most of the above are in the average age of 50 and below. I work with patients who are 70's to 100's plus. My patients are amazing in every sense of the word. I would love to have this “voice stick”. The possibilities would be endless.

• jessica says:

where can I buy it? What's the price of it?

• Seek says:

Wow! I wanna buy this high tech gadget! but how? Please tell me.

• Seek says:

Wow! I wanna buy this high tech gadget! but how? Please tell me.

• Roman says:

It is truly cool and carefully!

• Gloria says:

How can I buy it? Please, mail me.

• Keynes says:

it’s very important for me…

• Mn chu says:

Is this product voice stick for the blind is available, and price and after sales service

• Kim Langenberg says:

Can this be bought anywhere? I’ve looked & can’t find it anywhere. Thanks.

• sir i wanna make this gajet as a project in my college .so please help me .Please provide me a circuit daigram for thid gajet and some info.

• Edward Cushing says:

My Wife is going Blind. She need your Voice Stick. Please net my now the Price and where it can be ordered.