Aha! The Mac Pro Concept

Let’s have a peek at the Mac Pro Concept; a device that combines restraint and confident styling. According to the designer Almasov Aibek, he is looking at changing the perception of computers, and them being heavy boxes that are heavy to carry around. Crafted from aluminum, the front has been redesigned to host USB 3.0 and Power button. Interesting, what do you say?

Designer: Almasov Aibek

Shares 4.1K

• Quintin Smits says:

Very pretty design, but it completely misses the point of the Mac Pro….

The Mac Pro is supposed to be big: several PCIe slots, 4 harddrive bays, 2 optical drives and mostly compatible with regular PC hardware.

• Quintin Smits says:

Very pretty design, but it completely misses the point of the Mac Pro.

• Kitshwa says:

Lovely form, fantastic concept. But it still looks like a well styled box, Quintins comments above are spot on. Form follows function, Apple products are prime examples of this

• clawfire says:

This, is totaly spammy and not relative.

• clawfire says:

I’m totaly agree with you Quintin, the goal of a mac pro is to be usable by professional. And for Apple, Professional are Designer, Movie maker, people who need huge performance, hug storage space, not some hipster who don’t care to by a shitty computer for 5 x the regular price.

• adesignaddict says:

there should be a like button for comments on this site, because your comments are always spot on!

good to see that there are still people out there using their brain instead of producing one 3d model after another, without spending the proper time to fully analyse a problem and come up with a worthy solution.

• adesignaddict says:

*previous comment was referring to Quintin

• Hi everyone!
    thanx for comment!

my answer for you
    if Apple can do so thin and powerfull computer like iMac(wich presented in november 2012) they can be use all it for my Mac Pro…why not?!

• Quintin Smits says:

They make such a thing. It is called the Mac Mini. It might be due for an update, but you’ve essentially designed an impractical Mac Mini.

Your design would use a lot of space, while it could use very little….

• Chris says:

Blu-Ray – not Blue-Ray

• dreadcast says:

3.0 USB, Bluray… Waoooo… Incredible specs !

• lion says:

I agree with the first comment
    My point off view I will try to post an other solution, this one is really to big pretty but with nonsense

• lion says:

I forgot something
    foret disc thez are past

cloud is futur and usb stick too

• LorenzoBerkley says:

Your design here although donor simple and sleek lacks in all departments other then aesthetics as the other people commented it lacks the proper connections for all the d er ives and essentail ports but I wouldnt say the design is completely unsuccesful. I d say if there where shelves down the center of tgis aircraft like design to put those drives and conections you have a winner

• LorenzoBerkley says:

Your design lacks in all departments other then aesthetics its missing the proper connections for all the drives and essentail ports but I wouldnt say the design is completely unsuccesful. I d say if there where shelves down the center of tgis aircraft like design to put those drives and conections you have a winner

• LorenzoBerkley says:

Your design lacks in all departments other then aesthetics its missing the proper connections I wouldnt say the design is completely unsuccesful. I d say if there where shelves down the center of tgis aircraft like design to put those drives and conections you have a winner

• LorenzoBerkley says:

• Perizat says:

Of course, it is easy to critisize someone’s ideas instead of trying to do some changes by yourself. And I’m not suprized from such a reactoin of people, because Apple is now considered to be one of the creative company. I like the idea change the perception of computers) Let’s try to make some improvements in this concept by the comments of readers, and it can be an interesting alternative!

• dylan says:

cloud is not the future people in the music business (like djs) and also for serious music collectors. Anybody who seriously collects music, like I do, would be a fool to use cloud. Their safest bet would be to store their music on an external. But yeah, you’re right, for normal people, cloud’s fine.

• dylan says:

cloud is not the future for people in the music business (like djs) and also for serious music collectors. Anybody who seriously collects music, like I do, would be a fool to use cloud. Their safest bet would be to store their music on an external. But yeah, you’re right, for normal people, cloud’s fine.

• So the boy can use CAD and render engines, has an eye for the aesthetic.

Demonstrates nothing about knowledge of user centered design, manufacturing processes, materials, heat management, functionality, commercial awareness… you know… all the things that Apple design into their products?

• This sort of output ticks me off and gives industrial design a bad name IMO.

I see this sort of thing in CV’s all the time and they go straight into the circular filing cabinet under my desk

• S. Christian says:

Quintin and Lloyd, entirely agree with your comments. There is a beauty to be had with industrial design, as with any design field, but along with said beauty there is also the very real world need for functionality. The Mac Pro is the workhorse model from Apple. It is meant to be used by professionals in a way that a mini or iMac just simply can not effectively handle. It’s necessary to have features that are not common for the general public (like multiple drives, optical disc readers, multiple core systems and subsequent cooling systems, etc.), and as a result it is priced accordingly. There’s a reason why it receives the “Pro” designation by Apple.

Proper design needs to be an effective mix of function as well as intriguing form. Please before stating that something is “changing the perception” of anything, consider the bigger picture and whether its actually even a “good” design in the first place.

• Every weekend i used to pay a visit this site, for the
    reason that i want enjoyment, as this this web page conations really pleasant
    funny material too.