The nCredible nCycle

Don’t be deceived by the nCycle’s minimal aesthetic- it’s actually loaded with tons of extras & innovative features that set a new standard for future e-bikes. The design scraps the classic tubular structure for a sleeker, lightweight, hollow-bodied shell that protects the inner electric drive system. Other features include a built-in pocket for small cargo, a bar-mounted locking system, integrated headlights & speakers, & even a holographic display. Check it out!

nPower:
An optional electric drive version is available where the vehicle is partly aided by a rear hub-mounted electric motor. The drive power battery is located inside the body, starting from the seat and up to the pedals hub. The structure not only offers natural shell protection to the battery, but being metallic, it also provides substantia cooling, increasing performance and battery life.

nFold:
Usually, folding bikes are clumsy, and somehow look odd and chunky, especially at the hinge. Cool, sporty, foldables hardly make it into production. Thanks to its special “sandwich” structure, the nCycle can be folded in two seconds and stay sturdy without showing any aesthetic or aerodynamic handicaps with operated. The body is split in half at the location between the seat and pocket. A pair of rails is attached on both structure parts and the hinge is made to slide along those rails. Folding the bicycle involves just three steps: unlocking the rail, sliding both ends to uncover the hinge, and folding.

nLock:
An integrated locking system represents the best blend of safety, portability, lightness and ease of use. Doing away with cables, most of the system consists of the handle bar itself. With dual handles for multiple riding positions and comfort, the handle bar is appropriately loop-shaped to fit most poles and steel bars available in the city. When closed, the hardened steel loop is virtually impossible to break or cut with any kind of manual tools. The process of locking and unlocking is also much quicker and simpler- simply embrace the pole with the handle, pull the tube from one handle and click it inside the other.

nPocket:
Most bike baskets are bulky and ugly, but the nCycle’s retractable pocket between its two metal plates allows it to disappear completely when not in use. When in use, it is just slightly visible under the belly of the shell. Tied to two rigid folding arms, the support of the pocket makes it foldable, flexible, but also unbendable while turning and tilting the bike.

Headlights & Speakers:
Manually-controlled headlights and Bluetooth speakers are powered by the main battery. Built in to the handlebar structure, they are also theft proof.

Electronic System:
An optional app-operated holographic display replaces a bracket for a smartphone,  providing a display directly on the handle bar to give the rider improved and safer visibility. The various functions of the app can be accessed by sliding the thumbs back and forth on touch sensitive zones near the handles without removing the hands completely.

Designer: Hussain Almossawi & Marin Myftiu

• wow. this is amazing design. you can tell this designer thought about all the ways a bike is used and incorporated many things like the storage area. really like the handlebar lock too

my one issue is that the 2 handle bars don’t really serve any other purpose. it’s not as if they can be used as a straight extended bar on a street bicycle.

• Quintin Smits says:

Interesting!

I like the aesthetic and I’d really like to know where I could buy a set of wheels like that!

I’m curious about how stiff a frame like that would be. I’ve ridden steel and carbon based bikes with only one tube and they are flexing a lot, this design seem very prone to flexing in the middle, especially the one with the ‘cargo hole’ in the middle…
    Some people probably like their bike to have a bit of flex, though…

Oh, and the brake levers seem a little small for these handlebars… Though the integrated lock is very cool!

• Tony says:

This is the ideal candidate for crowd funding, as i would love to see this in production.

• lion says:

realy
    there is so good and some bad things, you have wanted to do too mush some part are pretty one the global project is good, some accessories are unusefull and decrease your project the form is fine the place where are the light is fun.
    I agree with quintin smith.

for me it is a little bit too mush
    go back not to the basic but to the realism

good luck

• Marcel says:

Yes. Looks nice.

However..

Notice the back wheel. It is attached to the frame by one node instead of two. So, instead of the old and tried closed triangle creating a neccessary sturdiness and rigidity, the designer chooses to leave the triangle open instead.
    What this means, in terms of weight distribution, is that the entire weight of the person sitting on the bicycle (plus, the added forces exerted depending on the roughness of the terrain you traverse), will be brought on to the wheel through the side at a 90 degree angle, and not from above.
    That is structurally dangerous.

Try holding a 10 pound weight up while lying on the floor.
    Now try holding it up while standing up and having your arms stretched out in front of you.

That’s the difference.

• Bozza says:

You may want to finish your basic English education before posting comments like this….

• Phil Kim says:

To be able to design and see products like this make it to production is my dream job. I’d love to be an industrial designer. So many ideas, so many innovations waiting to be realized.

• Ulrike says:

Hello colleagues, how is everything, and what you wish for to say about this post,
    in my view its genuinely remarkable in favor of me.

• Very well written post. It will be helpful to everyone who utilizes it, including myself.
    Keep doing what you are doing – i will definitely read more posts.

• It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this
    blog with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

• Wolfgang says:

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future
    and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
    Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!

• Gail says:

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my blog so i came to go back the favor?.I’m attempting to in finding things to enhance my web site!I suppose its adequate to make use of a few of your concepts!!

website [Gail]

• Hi everyone, it’s my first visit at this website, and post
    is genuinely fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these articles or reviews.