Getting All Square with Coke

Alright eco-force! Get ready! It’s time to turn Coca Cola into…whaaa? An Earth-friendly means of distributing 20oz of soda! Coke’s always been a sort of futuristic thinking brand, but this would be a big fat huge giant leap forward in the right direction if I do say so myself. It’s a design for a much more reasonable, smart, ergonomic, and gosh darnit, it just looks lovely. It’s so green, it’s 100% plant based. It’s made out of greens! And it’s much more stackable. And cooler!

I’ve overexcited myself.

I need a cool, refreshing Pepsi.

While I write this: The cap is 25% slimmer than the current 20oz bottle, and 27% more efficient because of its drastically reduced footprint. Something I didn’t know about the current PET bottle is it’s 100% recyclable, but that only about 50% of the bottles distributed get recycled. (I would have thought that not nearly that many were reused, I see bottles everywhere all the time.) The bottle you see here is more collapsable than the current one though, encouraging more recycling due to ease in transport. The bottle collapses 66% smaller than its original size. You’re much more likely to hold on to a bottle for later recycling if you can carry it in your pocket.

And the 100% plant make? This bottle is made of 100% sugar cane byproducts. I don’t think it’s as sweet as the good parts of the cane though, just neat.

And I’d better mention again: it’s so stackable!

Designer: Andrew Seunghyun Kim

Eco Coke by Andrew Kim

ecocoke02

ecocoke03

ecocoke04

ecocoke05

ecocoke06

ecocoke07

ecocoke08

• nk09 says:

I'm sure they thought about the pressure problem and tried it out with actual carbonated whatever it might be.

• Raul says:

nice design!

• Raul says:

nice design!

• Safiyyah says:

I’m pretty sure Coke sells their syrup already, but the whole reason why we’re buying a premixed bottle of 90% water and 10% sugar is because of the connivence. Who has the time on their lunch break, or early in the morning before work to make a bottle of coke? I barely have enough time to put sugar in my coffee haha.

• Safiyyah says:

• Safiyyah says:

^My above comment was in reply to JoeBently, but my browser isn't cooperating. Anyway, instead of reworking the plastic bottle, maybe Coke should go back to their aluminum bottle design. 45% of aluminum cans are already being recycled, which is much better than the plastic bottle in which only 25% is only recycled. Also, they are already crushable, but with a few mods, they could be as crushable as the bottle above. The only downside with aluminum is that you can't see the liquid inside and a lot of customers like to see what they're about to drink.

• Safiyyah says:

• kittyballs says:

yaaaaaay less coke containing capacityyy! and same great price! woot woot!

• kittyballs says:

yaaaaaay less coke containing capacityyy! and same great price! woot woot!

• Ru says:

I have little suggestion for packaging!!
    Each bottle typically is adapted to the shape of the hand (that is the reason why she is cylindrical)
    so my suggestion would be to cut to the hand print of a square packaging in the middle…

by the way..good Idea!!

• Ru says:

I have little suggestion for packaging!!

by the way..good Idea!!

• Dangit! says:

Adding more bottles per container shipped increases the weight of the container, which in turn increases the amount of fuel needed to transport the container. It'd be interesting to see how the difference between the additional cost in fuel needed to ship a full container of redesigned bottles and the savings in being able to ship the new design.

• yahhaij says:

too bad it cant fit into a cupholder

• sameum says:

Not to mention. The reason that the bottle is designed the way it is, with all that loss space, is to encourage airflow between them. If it was a compact square stack with minimal space between them, then it would take longer, and more energy, to cool them to optimal drinking level.

Nice try~

• Jonathaniel Roger Josephmanbergsonstein says:

yea? is that a fact?? lol

• beauty says:

Despite the fact that the form on the bag can also be really intriguing the very first thing.

• beauty says:

For the moment I shall subscribe to your point however hope in the future you link your dots better.

• wisc-r testi says:

Dünya üzerinde kullanılan geçerliliği ve güvenirliği kanıtlanmış en yaygın uygulamadır. Zeka seviyesini(IQ) belirlememizde ve gerekli yönlendirmeleri yapmamızda yardımcı olur.
    WISC-R zeka testi 1949 yılında David Weschsler tarafından meydana getirilmiştir. Daha sonra gerekli düzenlemeler yapılarak günümüzdeki haline getirilmiştir. Ortalama olarak 1-3 saat sürede test tamamlanmaktadır. Testin süresi uygulanan çocuğun performansına göre değişim göstermektedir.
    WISC-R yaş grubu olarak 6-16 yaşları arasında ki çocuklara uygulanabilmektedir. Bunun üzerinde veya altında ki yaş gruplarına farklı testler uygulanmalıdır. Test zekayı oluşturan birçok özellik hakkında bize fikir verir ve çocuğu daha yakından tanımamıza yardımcı olur. Her biri genel zeka bölümünü oluşturan birden fazla yeteneği ölçen WISC-R zeka ölçeği, 12 alt testten oluşmaktadır. Bu 12 alt test sözel bölüm ve performans bölüm olmak üzere ikiye ayrılan bir sınıflama da çocuğa sunulmaktadır. Sözel bölümü oluşturan alt testle Genel Bilgi, Benzerlikler, Aritmetik, Sözcük Dağarcığı, Yargılama ve Sayı Dizisi’dir. Performans bölümündeki alt testler ise Resim Tamamlama, Küplerle Desen, Parça Birleştirme, Resim Düzenleme, Şifre ve Labirentlerden oluşmaktadır.