Eggy Furutistic Wheels

It’s the egg on wheels. Inspired directly by Peugeot egg-car, GM’s P.U.M.A, Toyota’s I-real, Honda’s U3-X personal vehicle, and of course, my favorite, a penguin! The “Gentoo” concept car takes its form inspiration from the Gentoo penguin, a cute and lovely and environmentally friendly little thing. The idea of this car is just that, to be cute, to be really nice to look at, and to be nice to the environment: the Gentoo uses no fossil fuels at all.

The Gentoo also uses self-balancing technology and is powered by lithium battery technology. Also it looks like it’s from a video game I’d love to play. I’m thinking like a 3-D Sonic the Hedgehog sort of deal, flying up and down hills with this fabulous egg vehicle that’s got a bottom-heavy body, doing some sweet flips and such? Heck yeah. Eggy afterburners!

Designer: C.Rameshkanth

gentoo01

gentoo02

gentoo03

• omar_strike says:

i do not like it

• I wonder about the concept cars… do designers really stop to think about what they are used for beyond getting from point A to point B? I’m not sure there would be room for my backpack/brief case in this. I also get the feeling I’d have to sit in a fetal position…

I also simply agree with omar_strike. I don’t like it either. It feels wrong. It may balance fine but people’s perceptions count for a lot. It doesn’t look like it would balance. It feels cramped and claustrophobic.

Don’t like orange either but we’d hope that other colors would be offered.

• alienzexist says:

oh brother…

• mif991 says:

C. Rameshkanth, could you include your ergonomic/Mechanical view of this? Right now it looks nothing more than an oversized child’s toy. It is disheartening to see more and more concepts in this website where the designers do not take the time to think things through. Is this the best we can do? Please try again.

• DESIGN DOC says:

This looks like a toy I definitely wouldn’t buy!! Deriving designs from inspirations is good, but not without going into details.
    Displaying the same illustration from different angulations doesn’t help make the concept complete!!

• decaPODA says:

Nice modeling..though you need to work out the fillets well in rhino :)..
    hypershot really made things look quite good in no time 🙂

• cat says:

haha it's cute but, you'd die in a heartbeat if you were hit.
    I think they should make cars that are all autopiloted to where you already have to go and can cruise at very high speeds but, there won't be any crashes because it's already autopiloted..

• cat says:

haha it's cute but, you'd die in a heartbeat if you were hit.

• yeah it's too cute to look at, but it's a futuristic car. most likely this type of car will end up in the garage and how about the car maintenance of it? does this car are easy to maintain?