DeVillain Centerfold For Traveling Guitarist

DeVillain Guitar Co is proud to introduce Centerfold the world’s first folding electric guitar. Come on, bring the noise! Let’s make one thing clear. This is not your usual “travel guitar”. Centerfold is as good as it gets. Made for rocking your heart out on stage, it just gets you there faster. Fits easily in a backpack, but unfolded it’s just like your favorite guitar. Getting from folded to unfolded takes 20 seconds. Bury your old flight case the times they are a-changin’.

Designer: DeVillain [ Via: Gizmodo ]

• j says:

You’d pack & unpack faster, but tuning will get you…

• Sam, Wisconsin says:

No. The vendor of the Guitar body and the vendor of the guitar arm cannot agree to separate the two under claim of “pack & unpack faster” . Unpacking a guitar takes 5 seconds, as tuned as possible. But this is an insane tuning nightmare. Try it in real life only once to do the tuning for this guitar after you unfold it, and I bet you’ll add this design to the same shelf that contains the “Hydrogen blimp”

• Caliari says:

U achete cette guitare ?

• olivier says:

Sounds like a joke…

• Barranoid says:

I wouldn’t want to play on that thing. I mean come on…WTF?! I need 5 seconds to unpack my guitar and when traveling with my guitar I usually make sure to have enough room for the transportation.

Besides it would scare the hell out of me when I’d try to “unfold” that thing here and the strings would slowly tighten into place, making em voulnerable to simply snap and maybe kill somebody. So noooo that thing is not thought trough.

• jan wiedemeijer says:

Besides, its plagiatry, in the sixties hohner produced a guitar tha looked allmost exactly like this one: it was a big flop

• jan wiedemeijer says:

• Jimmy C says:

Looks like it would be a pain to tune though. Oh well…