WatAir – Dew-Catching Pyramid by Joseph Cory & Eyal Malka

WaterAid and Arup’s drawing water challenge to find new ways to deal with water and sanitation issues has come up with some potentially winning ideas. The winning entry is ‘WatAir’ – a 96m, inverted pyramid array of panels that collects dew from the air and turns it into 48 litres of fresh water per day. Designed by a pair of architects, the implication of their scheme is that it could provide a constant supply of fresh water in polluted and remote areas in just about any climate.

Architect: Joseph Cory & Eyal Malka [ Via: TreeHugger ]

• wenqi says:

I want to get the tel,fax ,e-mail and webside about watair news .I want to contect with the man about the news of watair.thank

• Hello, I am also looking to contact Joseph Cory and Eyal Malka in order to ask them a price offer for their installation.
      Thanks for your help
      Pierre
      email:pierredegiey@gmail.com
      phone :00 32 475 93 03 42

• zehra ismet says:

Hello,
    I would like to get the communcation details of Cory and Malka in order to learn more about their work. (Tel number, email or adress)

Thanks in advance
    z..i.

• estefania says:

HI

I would also like to get the communication details of Joseph Cory and Eyal Malka(tel number or email) we are working in a docuemntary focused on water and it would be very useful for us to get in touch with them .

thanks.
    EstefaniaMaso

• jessica says:

anyone got their information about email or telphone? please send email to me . i really need these information. please send email to me .thanks

jessica@yahoo.cn

• Jessica says:

Hi,

I would like to get detail information about waterair, because I born at a remote village in asian , it is very difficult to get enogh drunk waterin spite of I am not live there, I think it is very useful for our hometown. so please help me ,and give my more information about them .thansk so much!!

Jessica

• Donna says:

A smaller version sounds good for emergency water needs during a crisis. Many people stock food and water for such times, but water is harder to store and yet is essentical for many of the food items that are stored, as well as drinking and hygeine.
    I did not see a place where these are now being sold, thus not a price.

• John says:

THere is a company that make comercial versions. See:

• Peter says:

I have searched up and down the net for this, but found no contact information or detailed description.

However, the device in a small version is rather simple and cheap to build. Only thing needed is the material to collect dew.

This article on Wiki is short, but has some basic info on the principle.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dew

Also take a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condensation

As you see, nature does it all the time, and the above device is simply just copying the same principles nature uses.

As I have not seen any reports on the results of the above device, I am inclined to think that it works, but the production claim may be a little overrated. Anyhow – I decided to build one myself and investigate how to improve the concept.

• Alessandro Frizza says:

Hi Peter

i live in Mexico, in Monterrey (semiarid) and i want to know if you build it?
      Could we interchange info?

I really need something like that ..

Thanks
      Best Regards
      Alessandro Frizza

• Alessandro Frizza says:

Hi Peter

i live in Mexico, in Monterrey (semiarid) and i want to know if you build it?
      Could we interchange info?

I really need something like that ..

Thanks
      Best Regards
      Alessandro Frizza

• Gurhel says:

it’s based off a simple technique i learned in boy scouts… dig a hole put a cup in the center, cover said hole with tarp,cloth..ect.. put stone in middle wait for air to cool, water forms on cloth rollsd done in to cup…

• Martin says:

This knowledge has been around for centuries, used commonly by armies in the desert, boy scouts etc. You can do this in your back garden with a tarp, a pebble and a bowl. Hardly worth handing out awards for..oh wait, two architects made a silver one, quick give them an award!

• will put it to my house

• Now, this makes this card acceptable anywhere these brands are accepted.
    In fact, Bank of New York has even started charging customers for depositing a
    lot of cash. As the specified capital dwindled over these banks, regulators forced banks to raise
    more while using threat of a “cease and desist” order.

• Most avid Custom Knife collectors already possess the knowledge forced to quickly
    recognize a mediocre knife from what high quality, precision
    built model. The larger blade folds back into the handle when
    it’s not in use. There are folding blades, fixed blades, and replaceable blades.

• Outstanding post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
    Thank you!

• I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something too few folks are speaking intelligently about.

Now i’m very happy that I found this during my search for something relating to this.

• My spouse and I stumbled over here different page and thought I might check things out.
    I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to looking at your web page repeatedly.

• Hi there! This iss kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it difficult to sset up your own blog?
    I’m not very techincal but I can figure thinggs out pretty fast.
    I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have aany tips or suggestions?
    Thanks

• You can go to their websites and look for a listing for the doctors you are considering.
    For example, you might be seeking rhinoplasty as way to achieve
    a functional goal. First decide on what color you want your bathroom
    to be and add two shades of the same color, one lighter and one darker (or one totally different but matching color)
    for accents.