Probably one of the most well-known names in power tools and hardware, Stanley Black & Decker operate under the three brands, Black & Decker, DeWALT, and Stanley. From making some of the finest industrial tools to even the most indispensable household hardware and security products, Stanley Black & Decker are known for a very distinct design language, unique to each of their brands. Stanley Black & Decker is looking for an Industrial Design Intern for their Summer 2019 internship program in Towson, Maryland.
Stanley Black & Decker is currently looking for an Industrial Design Intern in the Global Tools & Storage division to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
This Position Will Provide You With:
• A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
• A flexible schedule featuring a max of 40 hours
• Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
• Competitive Compensation
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute in product development in a team format via ideation/sketching/rendering of new product concepts
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, or a similar software
• Comfortable prototyping concepts out of foam or other materials
• Online and in field research
• Product graphic development.
• Painting, mock-ups, color studies, brand development and some office tasks
• Junior or Senior level academic progress through an accredited university Industrial Design Program.
• Solid hand and digital sketch skills
• Ability to present and communicate design concepts to the team
• Working knowledge of CAD modeling in either full parametric or surfacing software
• Solid command of Adobe Creative Suite Software – Primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
• Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
• Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
• Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
• Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Towson (Maryland), USA.