Probably one of the most well-known names in power tools and hardware, Stanley Black & Decker operate under the three brands, Black & Decker, DeWALT, and Stanley. From making some of the finest industrial tools to even the most indispensable household hardware and security products, Stanley Black & Decker are known for a very distinct design language, unique to each of their brands. Stanley Black & Decker is looking for an Industrial Design Intern for their Summer 2019 internship program in Towson, Maryland.
Stanley Black & Decker is currently looking for an Industrial Design Intern in the Global Tools & Storage division to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
This Position Will Provide You With:
• A utility role interacting with key members of a fortune 500 company
• A flexible schedule featuring a max of 40 hours
• Opportunity for career advancement upon graduation
• Competitive Compensation
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute in product development in a team format via ideation/sketching/rendering of new product concepts
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, or a similar software
• Comfortable prototyping concepts out of foam or other materials
• Online and in field research
• Product graphic development.
• Painting, mock-ups, color studies, brand development and some office tasks
• Junior or Senior level academic progress through an accredited university Industrial Design Program.
• Solid hand and digital sketch skills
• Ability to present and communicate design concepts to the team
• Working knowledge of CAD modeling in either full parametric or surfacing software
• Solid command of Adobe Creative Suite Software – Primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
• Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
• Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
• Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
• Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Towson (Maryland), USA.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Visit the YD Job Board to view similar jobs or to post a Job Opening.