Zaha Hadid needs no introduction. Regarded as one of the most revered, groundbreaking architects of our time, Hadid was often called the Queen of the Curve, for her use of incredibly organic forms to create buildings that transcended architecture design and often crossed over into liveable organic sculptures. Zaha Hadid Architects, her studio, operating independently after her passing, have taken on the mantle of furthering her legacy as one of the most prominent design and architecture firms in the world today.
Zaha Hadid Architects is looking for a lead designer/architect in urban design masterplanning to join its firm in London.
Reporting to: Senior Associates/Associate Directors/Directors
Hours: 10.00 to 19.00
Purpose of role: To be an active and collaborative team member of a dedicated Urban Design team within Zaha Hadid Architects. Depending on experience, have the ability to lead a small team within larger projects.
– Masters or postgraduate level education in urban design MAUD, MLAUD in landscape or architecture or equivalent
– Qualified architects preferred (ARB or overseas)
– Fluent understanding of urban design principles
– Experience in preparing urban design frameworks, development frameworks, regeneration, and area-specific masterplans
– Experience of working at the interface between urban design, transport, land use planning, public realm, and landscape
– Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
– Fluency in AutoCAD or MicroStation, Rhinoceros and Maya
– Experience of working on international projects
– Experience of concept and detailed design stages (RIBA work stages A-E)
– Passion to create and deliver quality urban environments
– Excellent graphic skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent organization skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Creative approach to problem-solving
– Ability to work to deadlines
– Ability to work in a team
– Ability to lead a small team
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your mail to [email protected]
Emails must have the subject title: ‘Lead Designer/Architect – Your Name (via Yanko Design)’
Please include a Cover Letter, along with a CV and your Portfolio (Website or PDF)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Visit our Job Board to view similar jobs or to post a Job Opening.