Cradle for Adults

Why should babies have all the fun? We all like to feel comfortable and secure. The Cradle  came out of research regarding children with RMD or rhythmic movement disorder. The chair provides a safe, relaxing environment for them to calm their senses but the solution seemed applicable to anyone looking to escape the rigors of a 9-5 life. The entire piece is flatpack ready and all materials are sourced from environmentally friendly resources, right down to the glue that binds the initial plywood layers.

Designers: Richard Clarkson, Grace Emmanual, Kalivia Russel, Eamon Moore, Brodie Cambell, Jeremy Brooker and Joya Boerrigter

• Adam says:

My friend Theory had one of these chairs, but it was on a little round stand so you could tilt it on it.

This is just on the floor? Big deal. I could just buy one on a stand, for cheaper, and It’s already made.

• Rebecca says:

I think it’s great. It is way bigger than any chairs of this style that I have ever been able to find. Though I would need the cushions in a different color (I spill a lot), I would definitely buy one.

• Shay says:

I grew up with one of these in the Phillipines in the early 70’s. They called them Papasans or Mamasans for a slightly smaller version.

• BuckaRoo says:

there is no way my 6’5 250 pound body will fit into that and if it did how comfortable would it be to sleep in… I need an extra large version if they make such a thing

• Linn says:

And my question is how we can get it and what is the price. And even I could buy one the shipping will be the big issue because I am in Shanghai, China. What a pity!I really likt it.

• anon says:

Big deal, it’s already been made.
    The people who made this were very thorough about it, they did studies on every aspect of design… It’s designed to rock back and obscure the view the occupant has of the surroundings, something a store-bought papasan on a stand would have a hard time doing.
    Goodness. It’s not “just” on the floor.

• anon says:

How do you get one? Any pricing details? etc.

• LonerStoner says:

I’d love one of these. I think it’s a great, if not 100% original, design.

Down with the naysayers.

• Not Original says:

NOT original. It’s called a papasan chair.

• Jenny says:

I want one of these! 😛

• Taylor says:

actually papasan chairs have a base to them and this doesn’t….. so it is original actually.

• Jerkson says:

IS THAT MARGARET McPOYLE!!??

• Very nice simple design thought well executed! Would love to have one

• Very nice simple design thought well executed! Would love to have one.

• shafiq says:

Where can i get one of these..? really interested on buying one.

• ….truly an awesome design –
    Dear Yanko, If ever you are in nEEd of an amazing ARtist | DeSigner please consider – @Rickbischoff

…peace¤ ° ★°

• Sarah says:

Lots of negative comments!
    This is a chair designed by University Students from Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand.
    Don’t be haters!
    Beautiful, simple, student handcrafted design.
    Im proud to be associated with the designers and the university that created something like this.
    It may relate to other designs but its about understanding and execution just like using artist models in art or existing buildings in architecture study.

• Sarah says:

Don’t be haters!
    Beautiful, simple, student handcrafted design.

• Rebecca Olsson says:

I am looking for the last perfect piece of furniture for the house and this is it. I can curl up in this chair and watch tv…..sleep…..watch a little…fall back asleep…..

• Rebecca Olsson says:

Please let me know where to order and how much. A.S.A.P.

• Wei says:

where do you buy it?

• Shapewear says:

Back then, we used to call these as “papasan’s” in our country and they were a much more smaller version of this.

• pam smith says:

i dont see a price for the chair or where to purchase it…can you please let me know…

• Deb Small says:

There was no price or how to order.

• Kathleen Tropea says:

Love this, where can I get it and what is the cost?

• Aleena says:

WHere can i get this?

• Cross says:

People have a different name for everything so quit fusing over the name and just like the design the worker put into it. I like it and looks like something i could sleep in

• Marina says:

Where can I buy this?!

• Marina says:

Where can I buy this

• sandi says:

For Pete’s sakes! This is NOT a papasan. It’s shaped differently and you can actually make it ROCK.

• Rebecca Olsson says:

Do you take insurance? I have MS and I desperately need one of these. I can’t afford it, but it would help me with pain and it is a nesessity for someone like me. Everything hurts and nothing works….

The chair costs $8400 at the site listed here. Ooof!

• Virginia says:

Wrong! They have rocking AND hanging papasan chairs, couches, etc. This is a terrible knock-off that can easily be made by any bum. Just look at the design! It’s so easy to copy, you would be an absolute fool to pay for a manufactured one.

• Virginia says:

Wrong! You can’t remove the base of a Papasan then call the result original!

• Virginia says:

There are a lot of negative comments because this is basically a Papasan chair without a base. They make Papasan chairs that rock and do everything this knock-off does.

I guess this is living proof of why the word “original” has become so meaningless… it seems too few actually know what the word means.

You have this knock-off that doesn’t look comfortable (i.e. you have to be balled up in it even if you are short), it’s design is so simple with just these few photos I can go in my garage and reproduce a better version in less than 4 hours.

Sorry but I’m not drinking the Kool-aid just because you do. Hey, I have a nice bridge for sale…

Suckers!

• Great website, just lately been scouting forever and a
    day for tips on the very best rattan furnishings for our home and in our patio.

The site truly helpedgreat blog some great info here