How You Can Help Japan

So many of you have reached out to us with kind words and condolences. As many of you know YD has roots in Japan. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts but want to rally the design community to help the victims. Here are several ways to help and please spread the word. Share this post, tweet it, post it on Facebook and blog it. Lets get the word out.

The Red Cross
Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a one time $10 donation from your phone.

International Medical Corps
Text MED to 80888 to make a $10 donation from your phone.

Global Giving
Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund. Provides relief and aid to victims.

Salvation Army
Text JAPAN or QUAKE to 80888 to make a $10 donation from your phone.

Save the Children
Text JAPAN or TSUNAMI to 20222 to make a $10 donation from your phone.

Ark (Animal Refuge Kansai)
Help for animals made homeless by the earthquake and tsunami.

• 人类在天灾面前是显得如此渺小
    但是就算微薄的力量也需要付出

• 人类在天灾面前是显得如此渺小
    但是就算微薄的力量也需要付出

• I will be promoting this one. I can't help financially, but I can help to spread the word. I'm a student from the Philippines, and I hope I can help the country with this tiny deed of mine.

• hopeletters says:

Many people want to help out, but other than money or being an aid worker, there is another way to help by sending words of support and hope. You can send your message online to school children and emergency workers in Japan via Hope Letters at http://hopeletters.wordpress.com/. Hope Letters will translate them into Japanese and deliver them to local organizations for posting/broadcasting (when it is practical and effective to do so). Help give hope!

• says:

日本加油

• 宋 says:

日本加油

• sergio says:

I will be posting on my facebook page. Japanese people impress us with their courage and dignity. The are an example for the world.

• Alya says:

i am a student from Kuwait, how can i help?

• Robin Smith says:

I can offer to take 2 young people away from Japan to the UK for a couple of years whilst the country gets back in order. Anyone know how I can do this?

• 赵金松 says:

I'm a student from China. 日本加油! 我们要有重建家园的信心! 祈福!

• 陈红伟 says:

I'm a student from China too.__听闻这个噩耗,心情很沉重__为他们祈福。__祈祷世界和平安定,永无灾害。

• David says:

we are equal befor the diastar! No matter who you are and where you are!

• diana says:

those numbers and words like 'TSUNAMI' 'QUAKE' etc. for 10$ donations are only valid for the us ? or will it work too if i write a msg from my german phone to that given number ??

• Glad to see that there are so many people willing to help

• Glad to see so many people are helping

• its good to see some people are being so good with the way they are helping

• Excellent items from you, man. I have be mindful your stuff previous
    to and you are just too fantastic. I actually like what you have
    got right here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in
    which you are saying it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to stay it wise.
    I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is
    really a great site.

• I must thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this
    website. I really hope to see the same high-grade blog
    posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me
    to get my own, personal blog now 😉

• Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more
    from this web site, and your views are nice in support of new users.

• When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a
    comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Many thanks!

• I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i’m glad
    reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The
    site style is great, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

• My brother recommended I might like this website. He was once entirely right.
    This publish actually made my day. You can not imagine just how so much time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!