Pour Me Some Light

Human actions play such a significant role in design; it’s either evident in the form or in the function. In the Pouring Light, the action is evident in the form and is delightfully executed as well! With the motive of giving off “an emotional flow of light”, the lights linger on with a mesmerizing effect thanks to the use of phosphorescence in the “water” part. Yeongwoo suggests the use of LED lights to conserve energy, and my suggestion to him: get this in the market ASAP!

Designer: Yeongwoo Kim

• oophaga says:

This already exists..

• oophaga says:

This already exists..

• everlastingz says:

now this is impressive. if it already exists, then oh wells, looks like existing stuffs are impressive as well.

• everlastingz says:

• mif991 says:

Could you please elaborate? Many a times there are ideas that are stolen or ideas are improved and updated. Can you give us a link?

• Jef Franklin says:

People can come up with the same idea independently. It is the reason that Ideas cannot be copyrighted and it happens a lot. Art does not need to completely original to be good art. It is the difference between invention and innovation. Unless you have, at least, good evidence that this artist "copied" the work of another, then you may want to re-evaluate your statement.

• mif991 says:

• Jef Franklin says:

People can come up with the same idea independently. It is the reason that Ideas cannot be copyrighted and it happens a lot. Art does not need to completely original to be good art. It is the difference between invention and innovation. Unless you have, at least, good evidence that this artist “copied” the work of another, then you may want to re-evaluate your statement.

• This lamp is so creative! I love it! The idea of having this lamp in my home makes me happy.

• Laura says:

Where does it exist? Is it on sale?

• Laura says:

Where does it exist? Is it on sale?

• Rash says:

I already want it!

• Rash says:

I already want it!

• Yevgen says:

Where I can buy one?

• Yevgen says:

Where I can buy one?

• John says:

Here's an interesting fountain using the same idea: http://www.heiura-lesverts.pf/Upload/robinet.jpg

• John says:

• larvatrong says:

I dont like the switch

• larvatrong says:

I dont like the switch

• randy says:

Unfortunately, already exists : http://technabob.com/blog/2009/02/02/floating-blo

• Kokoa says:

Actually is not the same thing. I like the cup of milk/tea better. It is like you cannot design a chair because it s been designed already

• randy says:

• Kokoa says:

• Fleder says:

maybe the idea itself exists. but the cup is definitely 20times better than every other "already existing stuff" posted above.
    i esspecially love this "teabag as a light switch" concept.

i totally want to buy this for my living room, send me 5.

• Fleder says:

maybe the idea itself exists. but the cup is definitely 20times better than every other “already existing stuff” posted above.
    i esspecially love this “teabag as a light switch” concept.

i totally want to buy this for my living room, send me 5.

• mojo91 says:

I'll take 5 too. Way better than any of the ideas that this was "stolen" from. 🙂

• mojo91 says:

I'll take 5 too. Way better than any of the ideas that this was “stolen” from. 🙂

• paige says:

its my dream job making things possible 😀

• Dev says:

This is available right?

• Dev says:

This is available right?

• TimTehSnail says:

I think the comments saying the idea already exists are hilarious. 1. So what. It's not like the designer went off, saw a similar lamp and was like "hey! Imma copy that! 2. Even if they did, its called competition; the world would suck without it. 3. Everything can be improved upon. We look at other people's ideas and say "how can we make this better?". We can apply our own creativity or whatever, and create something new and better, which is what they did. How do you think where we got to where we are today?

Sorry I got a bit flaired up haha…

AnywayThis lamp is far better than any of the "originals" posted lol. Awesome design and idea. I want like 17 of these haha.

• Mj137 says:

I couldn't agree with you more. This is my first time ever writing a comment but I can't help but show this designer some respect. I am an interior designer and if there's one thing I've learned l is that inspiration has no limits. Whether its from work from some one else.. a frickin rock.. a star..a tea cup!! A part of the idea always started from something/someone else.. WATEVER! I think this design is beautiful. And.. im wondering how the "fountain" one pertains to this at all.. considering it was a big metal piece projecting water and this is a beautifully designed elegant lamp floating with light.. but anyways. I want one too!

• TimTehSnail says:

I think the comments saying the idea already exists are hilarious. 1. So what. It's not like the designer went off, saw a similar lamp and was like “hey! Imma copy that! 2. Even if they did, its called competition; the world would suck without it. 3. Everything can be improved upon. We look at other people's ideas and say “how can we make this better?”. We can apply our own creativity or whatever, and create something new and better, which is what they did. How do you think where we got to where we are today?

Sorry I got a bit flaired up haha…

AnywayThis lamp is far better than any of the “originals” posted lol. Awesome design and idea. I want like 17 of these haha.

• Mj137 says:

I couldn't agree with you more. This is my first time ever writing a comment but I can't help but show this designer some respect. I am an interior designer and if there's one thing I've learned l is that inspiration has no limits. Whether its from work from some one else.. a frickin rock.. a star..a tea cup!! A part of the idea always started from something/someone else.. WATEVER! I think this design is beautiful. And.. im wondering how the “fountain” one pertains to this at all.. considering it was a big metal piece projecting water and this is a beautifully designed elegant lamp floating with light.. but anyways. I want one too!

• Richard says:

Well done TimTehSnail, I wanted to say something very similar but you've said it all.

• Richard says:

• jedwardcooper says:

On this one, the liquid is the support. On the others linked in the comments, the liquid is just decoration.

• jedwardcooper says:

• Kirk says:

Now this is wicked cool design. The future of design ladies and gentlemen!

• Kirk says:

Now this is wicked cool design. The future of design ladies and gentlemen!

• Ben says:

had a look at the others and their crap….i want these ones, love the one with the purple teabag tag

• Ben says:

• This is genious, so simple but excellent play on words to create a really unique design.

• That,s really cool stuff