Zip Up Tangles

Your trouser fly just influenced my friend Ji. Quit smirking, coz his YI earphones concept will take care of a lot of wire-tangle-hassles in the future, if it ever gets to production. Simple thought process and application! If pants can have a zipper to hold in the essentials then why the idea can’t be used on earphones to manage them when not in use! Zip then open when you want to use them; zip them shut when you want to store them.

Did I mention that it even features a volume control button?
No? Oh…ok…now you know, so happy Zipppiiinnnggg!

Designer: Ji Woong

• Scott says:

I’m interest in this cool product.
    How can I buy it. I’m in Taiwan.
    Want to buy 10pcs for Chinese New Year’s gift.

Scott

• nb says:

It is interesting but still does not address the tanglement of the cord when it is not in use.

And it just addes weight and volume to currently thin and light cords.

Form waaaaay over function on this one.

• iEdge says:

I really could use somethign like this.

• Michel Merx says:

Yeah…
    Where can you buy it?

Greetz n.n
    -Michel Merx.
    (Hollandia)

• tim says:

This is so cool! I want one now!

• MichaEl says:

What a great idea. Takes care of several things at once.

• Lucy says:

I think they’re great! I would definitely purchase a pair

• Lucy says:

I think they’re great! I would definitely purchase a pair

• sarsparillav says:

Neat idea! 🙂

• sarsparillav says:

Neat idea! 🙂

• Anonymous says:

The zip needs smaller teeth because it looks too bulky.

• Anonymous says:

The zip needs smaller teeth because it looks too bulky.

• can you buy these yet? i think they are amazing and would be a perfect gift. anyone know if they went into production.

• fred says:

how do u wash it

• fred says:

how do u wash it

• Shoku says:

How can I get stumble to stop showing me these design ideas? I'm too grounded in mechanical thinking to appreciate a water dome fruit dish or wireless earbuds that don't have room for a power supply much less the actual speaker apparatus. Anything I can't find in some kind of store today is of no relevance to me unless it includes the information about how people are working to put it on shelves.

• Shoku says:

• jack says:

pretty freakin simple, and if you used a plastic zipper such as they put on childrens clothing now a days they are built to last and dont snag very easily. and are all soft edges so it would be easy on your skin.

• jack says:

• anony says:

First pic looks like a pair of ovaries and fallopian tubes.

• anony says:

First pic looks like a pair of ovaries and fallopian tubes.

• sallem says:

It's cool. I desire a canal-type earphone.

• sallem says:

It's cool. I desire a canal-type earphone.

• Ray says:

I want them! lol

• Ray says:

I want them! lol

• nobbywebfoot says:

Sorry but I am afraid that this concept is already being used. A couple of years back I was shown headphones which use the closure with the "zipper" seal that can be found on plastic storage bags. Neat, but shamefully, untidy people like me would tend to forget to zip it up before coiling and tidying away.

• nobbywebfoot says:

Sorry but I am afraid that this concept is already being used. A couple of years back I was shown headphones which use the closure with the “zipper” seal that can be found on plastic storage bags. Neat, but shamefully, untidy people like me would tend to forget to zip it up before coiling and tidying away.

• MAX says:

Um, wtf?

When I read the first comment about someone worrying about thier skin getting caught in a zipper I laughed out loud. But then I saw thats what most the nay-sayers dont like about this design. Im sorry, Do you get your skin caught in zippers often? How stupid do you have to be to zip yourself into a zipper? do you avoid jackets? Do you avoid velcro because it might scratch your skin? Or buttons because OH NO!! what if your fingers get caught?? and as for "what about when its not in use?" Well what about your dreaking ipod headphones? What do you do with those? Of course every invention requires a bit of intelligence on the users part. Can't really expect headphones to coil themselves can we? This simply eliminates the problem of having two wires in your pocket getting tangled instead of one.

Thanks for the idea, keep em coming.

• MAX says:

Um, wtf?

When I read the first comment about someone worrying about thier skin getting caught in a zipper I laughed out loud. But then I saw thats what most the nay-sayers dont like about this design. Im sorry, Do you get your skin caught in zippers often? How stupid do you have to be to zip yourself into a zipper? do you avoid jackets? Do you avoid velcro because it might scratch your skin? Or buttons because OH NO!! what if your fingers get caught?? and as for “what about when its not in use?” Well what about your dreaking ipod headphones? What do you do with those? Of course every invention requires a bit of intelligence on the users part. Can't really expect headphones to coil themselves can we? This simply eliminates the problem of having two wires in your pocket getting tangled instead of one.

Thanks for the idea, keep em coming.

• Rui says:

Where do I buy one?

• Rui says:

Where do I buy one?

• bwin says:

Nice post very interesting.

• bwin says:

Nice post very interesting.

• Jay Garrett says:

It looks like someone has taken the design and produced it!

• jay garrett says:

It looks like someone has taken this idea and produced it – although I prefer Ji's design with the inbuilt controller better:

• jay garrett says:

• Jamie says:

So cool! I'd totally buy it!! 🙂

• Jamie says:

So cool! I'd totally buy it!! 🙂

• candycanechild says:

If only it came in that jelly-form. This type of ear bud is too big for my ear.

You know…like this: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/smokin-bud-shoe-pu
    I'd buy it quick.

• candycanechild says:

If only it came in that jelly-form. This type of ear bud is too big for my ear.

You know…like this: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/smokin-bud-shoe-pu
    I'd buy it quick.

• GenyBet says:

This item is really cool, well done. When will it be available on the market ?

• GenyBet says:

This item is really cool, well done. When will it be available on the market ?

• Excellent post, thanks for information.

• May I simply say such a relief to search out someone who actually understands exactly what they are sharing on the web. You certainly understand how to take a major issue to light and allow it to essential. More people should study this particular and understand it all aspect of the story. I can’t believe you are not more popular because you surely have the gift.

• Josh Lee says:

I REALLY want them. Now.

• Victoria Holetic says:

i looked around on your website, you have some AMAZING designs. And i was wondering, when are these going on sale? I REALLY want to buy them! i love them so much! <3

• Victoria Holetic says: