Color Security

Who needs fingerprints, retinal scanners, and other biometric do-dads? When it comes to security a rubik’s cube is all you need (not really). This Color Cube allows the user to create their own color combination in lieu of the usual text based password. Whenever you need to verify your identity, just solve your rubik’s cube. The color combinations are endless since you can even embed little pictures within each tiny screen. Take it a step further and make it a time based entry – solve the cube before time runs out and the colors change.

Designer: Cheng-Li Hung

• One Who is Good at M says:

A Rubik's cube with 4 sides cannot have an infinite amount of solutions. It has only 256, if I counted right. This is nowhere near infinite and biometric verification is still better because a.) you always have your finger/iris with you and b.) there is truly an infinite number of fingerprint/iris solutions.

• Reilaos, Man of Dest says:

I have a friend who'd love this.

• One Who is Good at Math says:

A Rubik’s cube with 4 sides cannot have an infinite amount of solutions. It has only 256, if I counted right. This is nowhere near infinite and biometric verification is still better because a.) you always have your finger/iris with you and b.) there is truly an infinite number of fingerprint/iris solutions.

• The_question says:

Looks more like a fashion statement than a security device

• BrianJ7 says:

I’d buy it just so I would have a challenge.

• Reilaos, Man of Destiny says:

I have a friend who’d love this.

• Dathmar says:

It would be easier if it was the Rubik’s Pyramid.

• Leyan says:

The speedcubing community would absolutely love these. Where do I order?

• itisli says:

stupid designer here :~ well, no one has to solve the cube but to mess it up >_< the way to operate is to start from the origin, mess it up and end up in a puzzle. the right way to mess it up is the code to create. the colors is the indicator or the way to turn. if i have to solve the cube i’ll never be able to get in to the computer…

• Christine says:

I’d rather just use my fingerprint or password. There is no way the user would be able to remember the combination and on top of that be able to solve it with each use. Terrible concept.

• chris says:

One Who is Good at Math, you are completely wrong. First off, a CUBE has SIX sides. The cube depicted here is similar to a Pocket cube. Just the orientation of the corners means you already have 3^7, which is far greater than 256. The total exact number is in fact 3674160, so it offers more combinations than the usual combination locks.

Christine, the 2x2x2 is certainly impractical as a security device. The number of combinations is not large, and most people will simply choose the solved state as the “password”, and it’s somewhat easy to get to that state just by random turning. The only benefit is that it only takes a short time to get to the appropriate position.

The 3x3x3 is much more practical. Anyone intelligent enough to solve a 3x3x3 in a reasonably short amount of time can come up with a sequence of say, 10-12 moves from the solved state that will be his password. The challenge now becomes not only having to solve the cube, but also knowing the set of scrambling moves.

Note to other posters: just because you see the cube as impossible doesn’t mean everyone else does. In fact, it’s people like you we speedcubers would like to keep out of our computers, safes, or whatever else we’re securing.

• Andrew says:

If you are smart enough to solve a 2×2 I don’t think you would be stupid enough to have the solved state the password, unless you didn’t know any other speedcubers.

Also, I doubt you developed your own method to solve a rubik’s cube; someone probably taught you. So, before then, “people like you [non-speedcubers]” would have included yourself. Just because someone doesn’t know how doesn’t mean they are incapable.

• Sandra says:

Oh! Where can I buy it! It’s so cute to wear on the neck!

• Hola Cheng-Li Hung !

..perfect creation – function in d:sign – colorful mind – keep up! saludos 😉

• Hola Cheng-Li Hung !

..perfect creation – function in d:sign – colorful mind – keep up! saludos 😉

• mars says:

Is this stuff already available in the Philippine market?
    Where can i buy this stuff?

please tell me..:D

• I love the things … They are really great

• It looks to me these product design made very carefully!!!!

Thanks…

• Md. Habib says:

Wow! these products design is outstanding. I love to see it. Thanks for share

• wow!the product design are outstanding.i like those

• argument reviver says:

I’m pretty sure that your geometry professor wouldn’t tell you that any 3D shape has 4 sides. All cubes have 6 faces, 12 sides, and 8 corners. Use Euler’s formula: Faces + corners = 2 + sides.

• Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site thus i came to “return the favor”.

I am trying to find things to enhance my web site!
    I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!

!