Plants Fall Over When Thirsty

Just like people, plants fall over when they begin to die from thirst but unlike people, plants can’t verbally communicate when they need watering. That’s where the Roly-Poly Pot comes in. Using water a a counterweight, the pot slowly tips over when water levels are low. The cool thing is each pot can be adjusted to work with any plant’s watering needs. Neat idea but still a concept for now.

Designer: Sangmin Bae

• While nice, it’s not really new. Yanko featured this design not too long ago…. https://www.yankodesign.com/index.php/2007/08/21/water-me-when-i-tilt/

• Freshome says:

Really smart design. I love it …as good way to “talk” with plants.

• colobigbow says:

I think it’s one of the best design in 2007 reddot award.

• mieke keukelier says:

helo,

i find this very nice,
    where can we buy this?

greatings
    mieke

• haracas says:

Only problem i have is that because the water container is rectangular, you can’t water the plant while the pot is “tiumbled” but must hold it upright while it’s thirsty to water it so the water goes into the container. If they had made the water container a triangle shape it might remove that problem.

• Finda Mega says:

very nice!! good idea….can I have it..where can i Buy it

• Marlin Choke says:

This is a blatant direct copy of the original tilting vase that was featured in Yanko design a few months ago. This was an original concept and had been developed further than this.

Yanko should not be giving credibility to this concept, as it is not original, and may even be a direct copy from what was shown on this very site!

• tomson says:

This is David Sweeney’s idea. Is it one of the best design in 2007 reddot award???
    Something wrong….Who is the pirate??

• Christine says:

I see too many problems. This design was clearly not well thought out.

• Dev says:

agree with ya, that the design is not well thought out,

since its tilt, water will only add to more weight to the side instead of going into that balance spot…. but still great idea, just need to figure out how to get it to function right

• ginny says:

this design is great! it really suits people who are too busy to notice that their plants have actually wilthered xD

• Rémy says:

Brilliant idea : if you forget to water your plant , you get get a dead flower and all the soil falls onto your neat floor … 😉

• hydro kitty says:

if you don't notice your plant is tipped over then you need to stop smoking so much of whatever your growing.

• Rémy says:

• hydro kitty says:

• London says:

Where can I buy it?

• adriantxo says:

How much does it cost?

• andie says:

such a simple yet very clever idea. bravo

• Farrukh says:

He is my Professor, proud to have such a genius prof.

• Farrukh says:

He is my Professor, proud to have such a genius prof.

• Hydro Kitty says:

(jumping up and down squealing) "I want one." are you thinking of producing them anytime soon?

• Hydro Kitty says:

(jumping up and down squealing) “I want one.” are you thinking of producing them anytime soon?

• sophia says:

Does anyone know how i can get in touch with the designer? Please advise.

• Bob says:

what a wonderful idea.

We want to be your supplier to make such product.
    Thank you for you patience.

Best wishes
    Bob

• I absolutely love your bloog aand find almost all of ykur
    post’s to be exactly I’m lookng for. Would yoou offer guest writets to write
    content for you personally? I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating
    on many of the subjects you write in relation tto here.
    Again, awesome site!

• Deliha isimli yerli filmide izlemek isteyenler olursa sitemizde full hd olarak bulunmaktadır.Çok komik bir film.İyi seyirler

• My coder is trying to convince me tto move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idesa because of the expenses.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been usiing WordPress on numerous websites
    for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform.
    I have heeard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a
    way I ccan import all my wordpres content into it? Any kind of help would
    be greatly appreciated!