Stop! You’re in the right place! Joseph Joseph, the creators of some of our favorite household products (we’ve showcased a few below) is on the lookout for a freelance product/industrial designer to partner with them on ongoing and future projects. In short, designers need to have a working knowledge of Solidworks (as well as Adobe CS and Keyshot) and need to be proficient in prototyping and foam modeling. Candidates will have week by week availability or can even opt for a rolling contract, making it a perfect (and rather impressive) freelance gig for both professionals and students who want to uplift homes and change lives with innovative ideas and inventive products!
Joseph Joseph is a major brand within the global housewares industry. Specializing in creating contemporary housewares, it has rapidly become known for producing some of the most stylish and technically innovative products on the market.
The company was established in 2003 by twin brothers Richard and Antony Joseph, who both trained and worked in product design before starting the company. Since then they have developed a range of over 500 products, which are now sold in over 100 markets worldwide. The company has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and expects that growth to continue.
Joseph Joseph is widely seen as an exciting, dynamic brand with innovative and cult products focused on design and quality. The company has won many design awards in recent years including Red Dot awards.
– Experience in the field of product / industrial design
– A creative thought process with a self-motivated drive to create ‘big ideas’.
– The ability to challenge conventional thinking, whilst keeping ideas commercial.
– A portfolio showing an inventive nature developing insights into market-ready products.
– An excellent knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes.
– An excellent working knowledge of Solidworks (Adobe CS and Keyshot on occasion.)
– Strong prototyping skills including card and foam modeling.
– Ideal candidates will have week by week availability or interest in a rolling contract.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Emails must have the subject title: ‘Freelance design – Your Name (via Yanko Design)’
All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 5MB.
The head office is situated in the London Borough of Southwark in a brand new custom built space. All applicants must be able to work with our team on an in-house basis.