IDEA 2014 is in full swing and the regular entry period ends on Feb. 14! Yes, you have a date with destiny. Winners receive prestige, bragging rights and international media coverage, moreover don’t wait any longer—finish up your entries, and submit them before entry fees increase. Want to know some sure-fire ways to win this year? Hit the jump, cause I’ve got some handy tips for you inside.
- Feb. 14, 2014, 11:59 PM EST | Regular application deadline:
- Feb. 24, 2014, 11:59 PM EST | Late application deadline
- March 28, 2014 | Finalist notification
- April 28 – 30, 2014 | Final judging event
- Week of May 12 | Winners notified
- July 1, 2014 | Winners announced
- Aug. 2014 | IDEA ceremony at IDSA’s International Conference in Austin, TX
Tell a story – Bring your design to life by clearly explaining why the project was taken on in the first place – what is its purpose and why it’s a better solution/product than other designs.
Keep it short – Tell a concise story. It is a challenge to condense all the thinking behind your design project, so focus on the key points that are most thought provoking and insightful to your unique approach.
Know your competition – If there are similar products in the market (or possibly the competition) address how yours is different in the experience of, or the benefits to, the end user.
Make it visual – In your supporting PDF document, be sure to include as many unique product images as possible; different angles, examples of the product’s use and anything that will help the jurors experience the product during the initial online judging round.
More info here.