Home Sweet Cube

This minimal design by Justin Chong packs everything you need in one 3 meter x 3 meter space! The Cube home features a thoughtfully placed bathroom with a water saving shower and toilet, kitchen with an induction stove and small fridge, eating area for 4, bed for 2 and even a little storage to spare. Polished wood detail, sharp lines and a large skylight give openness and warmth to the otherwise stark space. Gotta love those stairs to the loft bed!

Designer: Justin Chong

Shares 2.2K

• sharan says:

The ladder is hard to use. You will have to pull yourself up. Make the following small change: Allow the ladder to swing outward at the base. So, when it’s bedtime, you can swing it out at an angle, fix it in position there with some simple mechanism, and then climb easily up the inclined ladder. When you get down, you can swing it back to its vertical position.

• Well quite true.. For the swinging of the ladder, i didn’t think of that when i was designing it. The main target user of this home is young adults. I would say if an adult reaches home in a drunk manner, he/she wouldn’t even be able to climb up the stairs.

Thanks for the feedback 😀

• I am now not certain where you are getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or working out more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.

• denard says:

good use of space. similar concept to ‘Micro House’ by Gabrijela Tumbas Papic.

• Sharan says:

Yes; interesting point about drunken climbing. I keep forgetting about the extent to which American culture and lifestyle are defined and constrained by hard drinking and drugs :-)

• Iperpaolo says:

ehehe actually I live in an house very similar, 10 m2 for 3 meters height) with full toilet,kitchen,big bed,lunch table and two confortable chairs, but also a projector for home cinema, computer desk and a design table of medium size (1.60 meters)
    it’s really difficult to take a picture of these house because i don’t have a lens with enough wide angle.
    for the ladder i use a moving solution, the vertical one is dangerous.

• Wow the usage of space looks good! even have a home cinema. I’ll take the ladder to note 😀

• Ester says:

I have an idea why dont you put the steps coming towards to the wall and them put the toilet behind the steps and them put the table where the toilet was of course turn the table first so people can seat, in this way you going to have more space on the ground floor even make more comfortable, and more space in front of the bedroom because the toilet ceiling will creat a path, you can also add a safety handbar so your house is going to be smart and secure. Just an ideia snd sorry for my bad english.

• Ester pereira says:

• Oh thats a great idea. I’ll take that to note for future projects . Thanks ! :)

• Ester pereira says:

I have an idea why dont you put the steps coming towards to the wall and them put the toilet behind the steps and them put the table where the toilet was of course turn the table first so people can seat, this way you going to have more space on the ground floor even make more comfortable, and also more space in front of the bedroom because the toilet ceiling will creat a path, you can also add a safety handbar so your house is going to be smart and secure.

• Ester pereira says:

Sorry about the other two coments was just a failure.

• oh its okay. It happened to me many times already

• kdk says:

Perhaps turn the ladder 90° and attach it to the end of the bed that is hanging in space? The bed looks a bit like it might fall. Plus, where the ladder was, there could be more shelves or storage.

And maybe I am missing it…but where is the bathroom?

• kdk says:

Oh, never mind, I think I see the bathroom. :)

• daniel says:

How much is the estimate to build this house?
    I imagine its uses materials quite sparingly

• well i’m not so sure.. but i would think it wouldn’t cost alot to build..