Wheelchair Adaptive Stroller

Parenting in the first stages of infancy can be incredibly challenging – add a mobile disability to the equation and you can imagine how daunting it might seem. The Cursum stroller concept aims to make life a little easier by adapting to use in tandem with a wheelchair. Swivel wheels, complete height adjustment, attention to comfort and visibility and advanced safety features give parents added security and a little independence to an already challenging life experience.

Designer: Cindy Sjöblom

Cursum – Stroller for wheelchair users from Cindy Sjöblom on Vimeo.

• Nicole Schefer says:

Hi Cindy,

I am Nicole, from Holland.
    I am almost 16 weeks pregnant. And I am looking for a stroller, that I can connect to my wheelchair. Your Wheelchair Adapted Stroller is the best I have seen.
    It is very sad, that your concept is not on the market yet.
    What do you think about the nearly future ?
    It is really a solution for many disabled moms en dads !!!!!!! like me.

Greetz, Nicole

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Nicole!

I am glad you like it. I havent found any other stroller for wheelchair users, what have you found? :)

I would like to think that a solution like this will hit the market in a couple of years. Whene the companies have realize that there is a need for it and they have figured out a way to make money out of it.

But it is heard to tell, this is just what I belive :)

// Cindy

• Marie Scott says:

Cindy, you are very talented! We have been waiting for this great invention. I am 18 weeks pregnant, paraplegic after spinal cord injury, and would love to purchase this wheelchair adaptable stroller. Please tell me it is available for a purchase! :o) Where??? Thanx, Marie

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Marie!

Thank you! But I am sorry to say that it is not available for a purchase. I am a student and this is just a concept right now. Hopfully there will be something simular on the market in some years. We have to wait ande see!

/ Cindy

• Marie Scott says:

I am sorry to hear that. This stroller would make our life so much easier. There is nothing to do but wait for now… Good luck Cindy. Marie

• Marie Scott says:

Cindy, one quick question. Is the stroller you attach to the wheelchair custom made or is it available on the market? What type of stroller is it, please? Thank you very much, Marie

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi! The stroller is not bought from the market. It is totaly my design and it is just a visual model witch is made out of fake material and doesn’t work.

/ Cindy

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi everyone!

I have some help from some student to look at Cursum stroller more objectively to collect some good information that could come handy if I in the futer would take the stroller further. So please if you have time fill in this survy :)

Best regards Cindy Sjöblom

• Molly says:

I hope someday, that you make this a reality. I think it is one of the most amazing things i’ve seen. And i know me and my husband would use this!

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Thank you Molly! :)

/ Cindy

• c&e. says:

Cindy! Great idea and design – I hope you (have) complete(d) your degree with exemplary marks and someone hires/d you immediately or gets you some serious angel funding to put the Cursum Stroller in production. Please keep the good ideas coming!

• James graham says:

How much will the stroller be sold for

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi James! The stroller are not for sale, it is just a concept at this stage. Hopfulle there will be a simular stroller in the future :)

/ Cindy

• Marissa says:

What is this shit you cant see anything in front of you, I dont know how that blonde chick can see where she’s going. You gotta be 6’5” to see over this!

• Marissa says:

What is this crap you cant see anything in front of you, I dont know how that blonde chick can see where she’s going. You gotta be 6’5” to see over this!

• jody kemp says:

hi….
    my wife and I are having a baby, yay! I am a parapeligic and i am very interested in the cur sun stroller are they commercially available? can i buy that one? how can i find something like this well designed equipment? please help…..jody and kristin.

• jody kemp says:

hi Cindy….

• Cindy Sjoblom says:

Hi Jody and Kristin!

I am sorry to say that there are no stroller like this yet. This project are just a student project and are not for purchase :( But I truly belive that there could be one on the market in some years whene the buissnesses have understod that there is a big need!

/ Cindy

• ALI S. says:

IS THIS IN STORES YET? IVE BEEN CHECKING FOR A YEAR NOW AND I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO GET ONE OF THESE!

• Hej Cindy!
    Jag heter Veronica o bor i Umeå, jag har en ide som jag skulle vilja komma i kontakt med dig. Maila mig, så berättar jag mer. 😄

Ha en fin dag!
    Veronica

• Hej Cindy!

Ha en fin dag!
    Veronica

• maria Rosaria Martucci says:

Hello I am Italian and i come from Naples; i will want to know if there are shops of this mark. You answer to my e-mail
    Bye bye

• E Landers says:

Hello Cindy!

Thank you SO much for all the time and effort you put into this incredible stroller. What magnificent creativity and engineering! I, too, am eagerly looking forward to production and hope sales will be possible in the United States, too. Fantastic concept – love seeing the brains of a woman put to wonderful use!

E

• Jody kemp says:

I have come up with something equally as good or better because it is available now.!!!! I have worked with aspen seating in Denver Colorado and created a unit that connects direct ly to my to lite wheelchair. Pictures will soon be posted. Hooray for little babies!!!

• Mr John says:

This Wheelchair stroller is great.

• Mrs. Kate says:

Hey Nice stroller for wheelchair user it’s very helpful for wheelchair user and very comfortable.i like that stroller very much.

• Nicola mckee says:

Please can I have details of how to buy this or any other stroller that attaches to a wheelchair. Thanks.

• Steve McGuire says:

Absolutely love this. Hope it will become available very soon. I’d buy one in a heartbeat. As for those conserved with power assist, I’d recommend looking into the Smart Drive from Maxx Monility. For those in rougher terrain areas maybe even add the FreeWheel. Check both out via YouTube/google.

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Thank you Steve! I know what FreeWheel is, but I will look up the other tips you mentiond :) / Cindy

• Steven McGuire says:

The Smart Drive is in my opinion the best power assist device on the market. Adds very little weight to the wheelchair and can easily be removed when not needed. Especially if the user drives a regular car and needs to break their chair down and stow it in the car. It adds no weight to the chair or wheels as it is light and is easily removerd from the chair during break down. So its literally just an extra peace, like side guards or arm rests as opposed to something that is more perminantely a part of the chair. like the power assist system used by the gentleman in the above video.

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Ok, I see. Looked it up on YouTube. It seems to be simular to other engines that you can add to the chair that gives power when pushing the wheels. But this one is actually an added wheel at the back which is easy to remove and store. Super, thanks for the tip, once again! / Cindy

• Michelle says:

Hi Jody, I’m an occupational therapy student looking for sources of wheelchair strollers. Can you post a picture of your wheelchair/stroller-unit please?

• Noor says:

You are simply amazing – how much is the price ?

• Rachel says:

Any update on the manufacturing of this product? I am interested in purchasing one.

• David says:

The raised position gives the physical contact with the baby and are also helping to lifting the baby in or out of the stroller.This stroller is very useful for the wheelchair person.

• Charles says:

Perfect invention for the physically disable and the stroller is a biggest plus point of the wheelchair.

• Vanessa Brill says:

Hello,

I am very interested in this wheelchair-stroller but I come from Germany. I hope you can give me more Informations and prices.

Best regards
    Vanessa Brill

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Vanessa!

The stroller is only a concept and is not available to purchase at this stage.

/ Cindy

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Noor!

The stroller is only a concept and is not available to purchase at this stage.

/ Cindy

• This is a wonderful Perfect invention for the physically disable. At least a Dad or Mom who is Disable can go out with their kids!

• You know what? I love this and I hope it will be out soon! This will be one of the best innovation for my friends who are disable.

• LEON says:

Hi!

My name is Leonidas, I’m brazilian and I live in a city called Porto Velho, state of Rondônia. I work with representation.

My wife and I were looking for baby outfit and we noticed that we had a great difficulty on finding good and innovative products, with modern and comfortable design. Searching on some websites, we have found your products, which were exactly what we were looking for and we haven’t found in our city.

Our company operates wih representation and we have a great relationship with shop dealers/auto parts/materials for constructions and local industries.We have an interest to represent your brand in the northern region of Brazil.

We are very interested on being a representative of your brand, in a harmonious partnership.
    We are highly qualified to offer fast, accurate solutions to meet the needs of your company and its customers. However, we put ourselves at the disposal for providing you services, offering organization, responsability and security to our future clients.

Respectfully,
    Leonidas Martins Porto velho/Rondonia.
    Email: leo_23ms@hotmail.com Telephone number: +55 69 93630014 – whatsapp

• LEON says:

Hi CINDY!

Respectfully,
    Leonidas Martins Porto velho/Rondonia.
    Email: leo_23ms@hotmail.com Telephone number: +55 69 93630014 – whatsapp

• Cindy Sjöblom says:

Hi Leonidas!

The stroller is not in production, only a student concept. But if you have any tips of companies that would be interested in developing such a product, that would be interesting for me.

Thanks
    Cindy

• Yacine says:

Hi Jody,
    Would you give more information of similar product? I am really interrested…
    Thanks in advance

• Yacine says:

Dear Cindy,
    My name is Yacine from France. I am writing after seeing your concept of strollers for wheelchairs. I am creating a company in France which aim is to propose any accessory to customize wheelchairs. We are very well interested to produce such a stroller in accordance to your requirements. I let you my contact details so that we can discuss further.
    Yacine CHOUIEB