Bike Folded Sharp as a Razor

There have been many folding bicycle concepts posts in the many years Yanko Design has been in business, and here’s another one. One bike might fold to a small size, one might fold in a way that allows you to wheel it around. This one folds down max, max, max. Take a look at all the previous posts with folding bike concepts in them and compare.

I cannot wait for the day when the bike folds down to the size of a wallet. That day is coming, and it’s coming soon. Did you see Transformers? It’s real stuff. This concept by Konstantin Datz is called the Azor bicycle and it folds down into basically nothing.

Designer: Konstantin Datz

• marco says:

Nice concept…but I think I have seen it before (approx. 3 years ago)

And you?

• marco says:

Nice concept…but I think I have seen it before (approx. 3 years ago)

And you?

• Bonfunk says:

If you want to fold the bike that way front wheel has to be little a side? Am I right? If I'm right, it's should change the position of the body on the bike, tilt it a little. And second thing, how do you get those handle bars in the wheel?

• Bonfunk says:

• Nicky1093 says:

Wow, that bike is awesome!! I can just imagine how much room I would save in my garage by being able to fold it up and hang in on a hook.

• Nicky1093 says:

• Victor says:

That seat must be literaly a pain in the ass… ๐Ÿ˜€

• Victor says:

That seat must be literaly a pain in the ass… ๐Ÿ˜€

• @_StereoTypo says:

I love the aesthetics that designers come up with for bikes. I just wish they were able to understand the importance of proving the mechanical feasibility of their folding mechanisms.

• @_StereoTypo says:

• mommus says:

I dont understand why this has been posted. It obviously hasn't had any thought applied to it at all… let alone any engineering.
    How does the rear wheel, which is in line with the front wheel, end up sitting next to the front wheel when folded? how does the seat magically fold through the rear wheel and chainstay to end up below it? how do both wheels end up inside the handlebars?

• mommus says:

• it's pretty obvious that the wheels are stacked in the folded position because one or both have been removed(see empty forks). where there's a wheel there's a way. I Love this concept. The folding mechanisms are definitely the make or break component of this bike. Hope to see this concept come to life