BSH Home Appliances Corporation is operating in the United States under the brands Bosch, Thermador, and Gaggenau. BSH Home Appliances Corporation is highly regarded as a market leader for innovation in home appliances. As an international group with over 12.2 Billion in annual sales, they continually strive to engage their dedicated customers around the world through intelligent engineering, streamlined design and distinct ease of use. BSH believes that “Tomorrow is our home.” Find out how easily you can achieve at BSH Home Appliances Corporation: As a leading manufacturer of home appliances and solutions, they encourage commitment and open-mindedness among their employees. With their global brands Bosch and Gaggenau as well as their local brand Thermador, the focus truly is on innovation. And that doesn’t just apply to all their products and services but also drives the way in which BSH cooperates, exchanges ideas and organizes their teams. Apply now to make your individual contribution to the company’s overall success!
The new Bosch Cookit was launched at one of the biggest tech fairs in Europe, the “Internationale Funkausstellung 2019” in Berlin. It offers versatile cooking options such as guided cooking, numerous automatic programs, and manual cooking mode, and is the only appliance on the market to support temperatures up to 200 degrees!
BSH’s brand Bosch is seeking a highly motivated candidate that will be responsible for the conception and industrial design realization of future innovations in the luxury refrigeration market. This position will be pivotal in the long-term development and strategy of luxury home appliances. As a creative thinker, you will work with various groups to collect and generate ideas for the next luxury refrigeration products within interdisciplinary teams (product marketing, design, product management, development, etc.). It is essential that this role champions curiosity, openness, and is keen to explore the underlying needs of consumers. The role will focus on developing new innovations that are steered using user experience tests, design thinking, and market research studies to ensure the most consumer-driven innovations are pursued. This position will be located at either our Industrial Design office in Irvine, CA or our Refrigeration Development Center in Knoxville, TN and will travel frequently to the other location. Candidates must identify the location desired to work from.
• The main function of this position is to lead the Industrial Design of projects focused on Luxury refrigeration products.
• Plan and implement Design Thinking sprints of multidisciplinary teams to develop highly innovative solutions in the luxury refrigeration market including service solutions.
• Implement market research to support future innovations for the luxury consumer (e.g. ethnographic studies, qualitative, quantitative, etc.).
• Support refrigeration departments to gain clarity and certainty in specifying consumer-centric solutions.
• Work with external model makers to create design prototypes.
• Create design data including CAD, Photo-real renderings, Drawings, CMF Specification, and Print Films.
• Works with Product Marketing and Engineering to realize design concepts.
• Manages external design firms for renderings, CAD, UI work.
• Mentors Industrial Designers I and II and Interns.
• Initiates and works on pre-development projects.
• Responsible for additional department function (i.e. rapid prototyping machine, intern recruitment, technology scouting).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
• 5+ years of experience
• Extensive computer knowledge of graphic and CAD software
• Knowledge of consumer research, design thinking, and UX methodologies
• Knowledge of construction and manufacturing standards with a possible connection to design
• Capable of working on design projects with a very high level of complexity
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Optimistic, creative and motivating personality, also good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be team-oriented and flexible
• Highly organized with exceptional planning capabilities
• Ability to moderate group discussions
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks and be prompt in meeting deadlines.
• Ability to interact with multiple levels of management essential
• Motivation to take on greater responsibilities over time with a positive attitude
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
• Proficient with CAD, Sketch-up, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Travel required approximately 30-40% (Domestic & International including Germany and Turkey)
A comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, educational assistance, and a 401(k) plan.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.bsh-group.com/us/ and find a new home for your professional ambitions. This position is eligible for the BSH Associate Referral Program. BSH is an EOE / AA Employer and participates in E-Verify. International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Irvine, CA or Knoxville, TN.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board