fuseproject, a studio started by Yves Behar, is looking for an Environmental Designer to join their team in San Francisco, CA. fuseproject has been responsible for the designs behind many winning brands like Jawbone, Sodastream, Tile, WD, Paypal, August Systems, and many more. With their signature approach to design intervention, fuseproject has been one of the most influential design studios the world has ever seen, providing award-winning services that span across innovation, strategy, industrial design, brand design, and even digital design!
We are looking for an Environments Designer who really knows their way around a sketch pad, model shop and computer. You should be up to date on the latest trends and styles. You have a passion for unique contemporary solutions. On top of having the design chops, you have strong communication skills, proven collaboration skills with large project teams and the ability to collaborate in order to deliver exceptional results.
Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups such as Herman Miller, Samsung, USAID/DFID, PayPal, Movado, Kodak and many more.
In order to apply you MUST submit a portfolio.
• Deliver core interiors and environmental design expertise to multi faceted design projects at a world-leading product design, strategy and brand-building firm.
• Support the delivery of comprehensive design submissions to clients in a timely manner.
• Present to client and internal stakeholders with full confidence and knowledge of project scope and direction.
• Demonstrate creative abilities and applied problem-solving skills.
• Self-manage and demonstrate high level of professional maturity.
• Be quality minded and self-motivated.
• Partner with Strategy, Industrial, and Experience Design teams within fuse to execute and deliver uniquely strong, world-class, game-changing designs, and outcomes.
• Assist in the development of designs, immerse yourself in project development and the production processes, and have an ability to work cooperatively within the design team.
• Ability to travel internationally on a regular cadence.
• A degree in Architecture or Environmental Design.
• Experience in retail, environmental design, pop-ups, commercial interiors, or trade shows.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with contractors and fabricators; experience overseeing custom fabrication and on-site implementation.
• Minimum three years practical experience across all phases of design: conceptual design/sketching, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration.
• Excellent 3D Visualization skills.
• Experience integrating merchandising, signage, video, and print graphics into environmental design work.
• Contemporary, internationally-savvy design sensibility.
• Strong portfolio of completed, well-documented projects.
• Proven collaborator on large project teams. The ability to ‘lead and follow’ within internal project teams.
• Strong organizational and communications skills. Excellent client presentation skills, experience presenting to senior clients and groups, and ability to assemble visual presentations.
• Leonardo Da Vinci-level sketching abilities.
• Software skills: e.g. Sketch-Up, InDesign, AutoCad, Keynote, +Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Rhino, Keyshot, V-Ray and 3DMax, core business productivity suites.
• Ability to deliver against aggressive deadlines, on-time.
• Understanding of building, fire, and life-safety codes.
• Understanding of typical fabrication detailing and processes.
• Proficient in researching and proposing FF&E and sustainable selections while working within budget limits.
• Expert in CMF (color, materials, finishes).
• Knowledge of current vendor resources in floor and surface materials and finishes, glass systems, lighting systems and controls, fabrics and coverings, seating, desking and offices systems, furniture, A/V integration.
• Uncompromising passion for unique, crisp, and distilled contemporary solutions.
San Francisco (California), USA.