In 2020 We Can Wear Sony Computers On Our Wrist

Our present need for internet connectivity is so profound that secondary devices like the Nextep Computer are bound to happen. Developed to be worn as a bracelet, this computer concept is constructed out of a flexible OLED touchscreen. Earmarked for the year 2020, features like a holographic projector (for screen), pull-out extra keyboard panels and social networking compatibility, make the concept plausible. Ten years from now is not too far away, so how many of you think we’d be buying such gadgets?

Designer: Hiromi Kiriki

Sony Nextep Computer Concept for 2020 by Hiromi Kiriki

nextep6

nextep7

nextep9

nextep10

nextep2

nextep3

nextep4

nextep5

nextep

1,065 Comments

• e cromwell says:

He’s talking about more than an internet, he is talking about making all computers and electronics a processing array so that even while you are sleeping the rest of the world has full use of your processor time and visa versa.

Next time make an effort to understand someone who is clearly intelligent enough to speak multiple languages, if not fluently.

• Edwin Diaz says:

Hi!Sir,if they’re using ‘NANO technology’:transparency and foldability?

• Sony Fan says:

It’s been two years since you posted this. Now it’s 2012 and we have smart watches already from Sony. Hope to see it soon. I can’t wait to wear it.

• sattheshtg says:

Ha ha it work for both is a intra version of mobile and computer folks…

• Tim says:

Wow…such negativity coming from people that are totally not up to date. SETI has been using this technique for over a decade..

Now, stop yelling at each other about something that none of you know anything about.

• larba says:

its called a cloud idiot

• Edward De Stefano says:

Now my opinion great idea it would be even better if it had mobile phone with in it I just want one by the time you guys bring it out someone else would have marketed .

• Edward De Stefano says:

• Tim says:

Actually this ‘cloud’ that you folks have been thinking is so new and wonderful has been around for a very long time. IBM 3270. One main computer and a whole bunch of dumb terminals. Then they decided to put pcs on the line and then they turned to distributed computing. So, uploading all the info to a group of computers to share info and computing power has been around for a few decades….ever heard of SETI or any number of any other volunteer sharing projects? Maybe you should do some research before you call other people stupid.

• toordog says:

Tim,

I think you didn’t realize that cloud is much more than just clustering and terminal concept.

Cloud is also a concept of scalability that require technology that didn’t exist. It is also an economic context that make it possible to create a cluster publicly accessible that can scale almost unlimited. The cost would have been impossible 5 years ago.

• irishst1r says:

well it looks like your dream came true xD

• mads says:

everyone’s wrist size is different tho. and also what about the millions of smaller/younger kids who will want one. their wrists will be too small won’t they ?

• Johnathon says:

I haven’t read through all of this post and honestly have got a good laugh out of your banter thus far. Biggest concern I would have is the battle between the people that have this and the people who want and can not afford this. At first muggers will just rip off the watch because they always see you wearing it. After that it should comes as no surprise that people will start locking or bolting these devices on their arm, so muggers will be forced to hack off your arm to get it. Wrist computing leads to lost arms. End.

• Katie says:

Wow this is amazing! I think that there will be a lot of holographic projection devices that will be available then but who knows, and how expensive d’you think it will be? Also is there technology shows around the world you can go to and when?

• kniffo says:

Wow, shut up and take my MOney!!!

• Dan says:

The issue now is the battery life.

• gadgets says:

I like, This is amazing. I need it in my life!

• Leron says:

eh, i feel like my phone can do it better.

• montez says:

They make a it like all the pictures

• priya says:

Where can I buy this?

• JT says:

Not only is this one of the most far fetched ideas ever, it’s also one of the ugliest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen.

• anon person says:

I don’t think heating would be much of an issue. Firstly, my current iPod doesn’t get that hot from holding it. I’m sure putting this on your wrist won’t cause terrible burns. Also, it looks to me that when the computers on your wrist it doesn’t burn as much energy. With how technology is advancing, smaller and smaller computer parts can do more and more. smaller objects mean less to overheat.

I’m not worried about it burning my wrist.

• MI Dynamics says:

Ergonomics disaster.

• Paul says:

Everything will have some form of connectivity -WiFi, Bluetooth or NFC (near field communications). To design anything these days without considering some form of connectivity would be crazy whether its this device we are looking at in this article or a toaster. Its just reality.

• when this gadget will be launch. can i buy it? i must see my wallet. its a heavy money to have it.

• ferry says:

Concepts and models that are very good, but we also have to think also about the resilience and strength when made ​​with such a model. I’m afraid it might later be easily broken and damaged.

• archaictext says:

This is already happening. It’s not neccessarily integrated in to most products in a plug and play fashion, but I do this my self a number of ways. For example, using a remote access application to control a central home pc for various devices. I use a chromecast on one screen in my home, so I can open a tab in chrome on my pc through my android, and then cast it to the chromecast for any non-native apps. And we all know that cloud storage services work in the way you are referring to as far as storage goes. One of the main issues I think, is mobile security. Miniaturization has already reached such a level that personal devices are extremely capable for their conveniently small size. What can’t you do with current mobile technology, that you would like to be able to do? 3d rendering? Audio processing? There are programs offered for the latter through cloud based technology. I’m not sure if you are giving the home theater example as a current use of this technology that you would like to see expanded on, or an integration that you are hoping for, but in case of the latter, I have already given a simple example of how it’s a reality now. That’s as basic as it gets too. You can delve way deeper into that tech if you want to put in the effort, but I think these integrations will be become more commonplace very soon. It’s interesting.

• iKoko says:

sony and computer? really? come on? really? no way..

but, no worries… apple can do it 😉

• Thomas says:

No frigging way buddy I would wear that ball and chain. I have enough issues with my own brain let alone strap something like that device onto my human body . Sickening, horrific and torturious .

• Usman says:

It’s awesome guys, but Possible? Sony is amazing.

• Vittoria A. Adorno says:

Great!

• Great it's a very good thought says:

Great where can I buy this.

• Vittoria A. Adorno says:

Of course! This would be a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day (2020):)

• Brad says:

Your method of describing all in this post is truly pleasant,
    every one be capable of without difficulty be aware of it,
    Thanks a lot.

• these gadgets are WOW…I AM IN LOVE WITH IT

• animal heads says:

Thanks in favor of sharing such a pleasant thought, paragraph
    is fastidious, thats why i have read it completely

• I’m not sure this is even necessary though I think Sony is awesome with their ideas!

• dan says:

Sony computers in 2020? They’ll be lucky to make it to the end of the year.

• I think this is among the most important information
    for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is
    really nice : D. Good job, cheers

• selalutekno says:

frickin awesome design, sony is exceptionally good at designing things

• Good way of describing, and pleasant article to get facts
    on the topic of my presentation subject matter, which i am going to
    deliver in college.

• I got this website from my pal who told me about this
    site and now this time I am visiting this website and reading very informative articles or reviews here.

• cindy says:

Sony would have to get to 2020 first.

• VT says:

Thank you for every other informative web site.

The place else could I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal approach?
    I have a venture that I am just now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out
    for such information.

• Great website. I truly like the content material listed here.

It is very informative. For forex trading traders like me, I required to share this
    free of charge forexl robotl created by Scion Forex and they
    are supplying their service free of charge. I started off with
    just a thousand bucks and now I am in a revenue of $6000 inside three months.
    Really don’t worry I am not trying to marketplace something, this is a free robot that I
    identified and given that it has been generating me income so significantly, I wanted to share it.
    This forexl robolt has some seriously wonderful features like
    news investing. In any case, hope you obtain it handy. their site is http://scionforex.com

• nope says:

Cloud computing, internet… here’s what your talking bout. A primary cpu unit in the home connected to a ton of peripherals. Connect this cpu to a cloud server and try to minimize the delay and potentially you could have Jarvis from iron man. One problem. Google just did that. Right now it’s essentially a smart-search engine. But with more and more android integrated devices hitting the market everyday. Jarvis is not far from our future.

• K says:

Anyone heard of a Chromebook (netbook). That worked by using computing power wirelessly from a powerful server.

• Almost 5 years have been past since this was written. Five years ago,it could sound like a fiction movie story but we now we are much closer to this.

Hope to see this in action by coming years.

• Peter Storm says:

You can say that again.

• Wordpresskb says:

Sony is always a number one company and creates exceptional hatdware designs as far as seen tilll now but some where in designing the software don‘t know why they take so much of time to develop and mean while other companies wins the race its a story of these year as in android race you can see it took long time to sony to create its first android smartphone also