Ford Goes Holistic

Cheaper, Better, Greener. No, that’s not the studio notes for the new Shrek movie. It’s Ford’s latest directive for their new START concept that brings back their keep-it-simple design roots. The Beijing International Auto Show was the stage for Ford’s unveiling of what promises to be a healthy exercise in green dreaming. Built from a combination of hybrid aluminum/high strength steel, the START keeps weight down without sacrificing safety. The body panels are made from deformable, pre-colored recyclable composites, eliminating the need for Earth damaging paints. The Ford START Concept showcases a future 1.0-litre EcoBoost three-cylinder petrol engine that delivers a CO2 rating under 100 g/km. Ford is keeping it simple this time around while drawing styling inspiration from the original Porsche 356 Speedster and an Alfa Romeo Zagato SZ. “The concept of simplicity can be found all around us,” a Ford spokesperson explains. “Endearing designs in architecture, home furnishings, appliances, transportation, or even a good screenplay are often similar in one respect – simplicity. Our vision was to look at a small car holistically, like slicing through an onion where every layer gave meaning, function, and substance to the next. As in nature, taking this approach creates beautiful, endearing objects.”

Designer: Ford

• trimtab21 says:

what a nice design! finally some forward thinking from a US automaker. I would buy one for a commuter car. i would hope to see this go beyond a concept and actually make it to production.

• roken says:

If Ford provides the headroom of a a VW new beetle and a good engine they will storm the market.

But management and the accountants always want to put their stamp on the product.

i.e. This would be one of Fords greatest car but it has no chance of seeing productions.

• mif991 says:

Drawing inspiration from Alfa Romeo and Porsche, hey!? Great concept. Is this you Freeman Thomas?

• Wolkenstein says:

Really nice. I like it. I would buy it instantly, but i think its no car for ford…it looks like Kia, doesnt it?

• Andreas H. says:

Very cool concept, no angles. I hope to see something with 5 doors.

• wat is your myspace page

• Stephen Russell says:

New Age Ford Escort coupe?
    Looks better but same interior space.
    Must for EU use & Asia.
    Ford Escort 2?

• wat is your myspace page

• Its look fine for me, but i dont like fords anyway 😉

• Its look fine for me, but i dont like fords anyway 😉

• I dont normally like fords either, but I am very impressed.

• I dont normally like fords either, but I am very impressed.

• Henry S. Sandders says:

The Ford is available in a number of configurations. It can be purchased in front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, or all wheel drive configurations. It can be outfitted as a passenger vehicle called the Tourneo, as a cab and chassis model, single or dual rear axle, and in a variety of wheelbases and payloads. Several diesel engines are available along with a petrol engine, as well as 5 and 6 speed transmissions.However it could be better if you add six to eight inches of kits when doing Ford repair. This is important since the tires are bit lower than the standard ones.

• Henry S. Sandders says:

• Piya says:

This is my dream car and looking it in just a close view is wow….

• Piya says:

This is my dream car and looking it in just a close view is wow….

• My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought
    I might check things out. I like what I see so now
    i am following you. Look forward to checking out your web page again.

• Tammara says:

I think that what you wrote made a bunch of sense.
    However, think about this, suppose you were to write a awesome title?
    I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your blog, but what if you added
    something that grabbed folk’s attention? I mean Ford Start Yanko Design is a
    little boring. You might glance at Yahoo’s home page and note how they create article headlines to grab people to open the links.
    You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to get people
    interested about what you’ve written. Just my opinion,
    it could bring your posts a little bit more interesting.

• The GoPro Tripod Mount is simply a small platform with a 1/4 by 20 threaded tripod mount.

• The ad screen area percentage keeps increasing with a wider or a second column,
    or with a deeper or a second row. Simple ads, with few graphics and a voiceover,
    can cost as less as $20. The more that you have written about a certain area,
    the more trusted you will be and the more likely they
    will be to buy what you offer.

• It’s wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our discussion made here.