Printouts In A Jiffy, Anywhere

It was about time that someone came up with this, I mean we are in the portable era! Stick POP is a portable printer that can handle a small amount of load. You can’t overburden it with all your documents, just a small stash that you need pronto. Measuring 23 cm by 6 cm, it’s easy to fit it in your handbag. Just hook it up to your comp /device via USB and get printing! Oh, and an OLED screen on the bar displays the printing status.

Designers: Jihun Kang, Youngho Lee, Jieun Lee & Changsu Lee

Stick POP Portable Printer by Jihun Kang, Youngho Lee, Jieun Lee & Changsu Lee

stick_pop2

stick_pop3

stick_pop4

stick_pop5

• indexencia says:

Genius

• What an ingenious idea. I always appreciate things that make life more convenient!

• That is so nice and lovely design, I will buy it at first hand when it comes in market.

• Now this is a very great idea. People need to print a lot of things instantly and this will save them all the trouble. And making it compatible with mobile phones would also be great.

• Vickym says:

I like how people are bitching about each others English, but are utterly failing at it themselves. Also this idea is amazing!

• bob says:

this car be possible only in one way and its not with ink. heat sensitive paper and use of a heat printer if thats the right term other then that its not good if u have to use ink, it wont work

• ALI says:

Dear Sir

I visited your website and i so glad cooperation with your company for import

please send terms and condition

Best Regards
    A.Hassani

• ALI says:

Dear Sir

I visited your website and i so glad cooperation with your company for import

please send terms and condition

Best Regards
    A.Hassani

• Ben Hammer says:

I think this would be cool on a laptop…. like you can just print off your laptop.

• Alex Lee says:

How will you select the file you want to print?

• Max says:

Excellent question. Other portable printers I’ve seen are two or three pages per minute, or 20-30 seconds per page. Any word on this?

• Max says:

• Emily Edmonds says:

I just had an idea. Put a usb on one end of it, so you can connect it directly to your laptop on the go.

• adr says:

agree!

• Bob says:

This future is Real.

• Anonymous says:

They see me trollin', they hatin'

• Hank_Scorpio says:

Actually "incert" is a surgery bioabsorbable, implantable sponge designed to prevent postsurgical adhesion formation.

• Bernard says:

Problem: to make use of this you'd have to be carrying some flat A4 paper… you probably aren't. So you go to find some. Ask at a reception desk/office etc for some. They open their printer and pull out a piece – a printer you could have just asked nicely to use.

It'd be cool for these to exist but I doubt many people would use them frequently.

• Claire says:

You do know that almost all of europe uses A4 paper as the standard size? It's pretty much only us that uses A3.

• Bernard says:

• Claire says:

• ModicumOfAss says:

both are correct, asshole
    just as "dreamt" and "dreamed" are both correct

• Hurp says:

nice 😀

• Barnabas R Helmy says:

i can't believe i'm the first person to say this is stupid. conceptually, it's the kind of thing a college undergraduate student would and has come up with a hundred times. when the designer understands and can explain a feasible way to make it possible then congratulations designer – million dollar idea.

• Barnabas R Helmy says:

• trollolololer says:

i like how everyone is getting mad at the troll! lol obviously the person who said "incert" was correct just wanted to start an argument lol trolls are very smart 😀

• trollerguy says:

sorry for replying under u i have nothing against you it was just the closest button :3

• trollin.alday.eryday says:

trooolllololol! :3

• wow! se ve maravillosa, muy portable.

• wow! se ve maravillosa, muy portable.

• Fantastic thing, too much good to be real))

• Fantastic thing, too much good to be real))

• dan.juralmiin says:

flexibility, no need space, but how about ink ?
    all is good

• Cannon says:

Awesome design concept

• That Girl says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

• beentheredonethat says:

It might be cool, but it ain’t new. Portable printers have been around since the days of word processors.

• Rich says:

ok i would like to know how much will one of these awesome gadgets cost? and where are they being sold?

• Leah says:

Incert is the British English version of the word.

• Pingback: Stick POP!
  • Tim says:

I think it’s a great idea, I’m guessing it would have to be done with heat sensitive paper kinda like most receipts are now days so the document wouldn’t last as long unless kept cool but it would still be a great idea. and if nothing else you never have to replace the ink then.

• jordan says:

This is not an original idea. It’s been thought of by me and I’m sure 1000s of other people- they just made a nice looking 3d model of it.

Until you actually produce a working prototype it’ll remain like the flying car- anyone can draw a picture

• meanne says:

hi. can i use this in my project. pls pls.

• Connor says:

mehh… Why would a printer need an oled screen? and you can’t insert the paper. This would just be a hassle..

• I laughed so hard reading through these comments.

There are a few trolls lurking in shadows around here!

• me want this printer in bulk. but i donot know how? if you help me please contact me.

• Anonymous says:

cool but where can i get one?

• Excellent idea. I can think of so many situations in which this would be a life-saver.

• anon says:

Utterly useless. Do you really see yourself carrying one of these around next to the stuff you’re already carrying? There’s a printer in almost every office setting; if you need to be somewhere where printed stuff is relevant, you’re probably in or around an office; find a printer and print it. Otherwise, give someone the USB stick or send ’em the document (e.g., from your phone) so they can screen-read it (it’s 2011).

Which brings me to the USB stick (or whatever kind of storage device contains your document). You also need to have it on you, otherwise the whole idea of easily and quickly reprinting your messed-up document goes down the drain. What happens when you only have the (messed-up) paper version with you and not the storage device? Yeah. Really clever.

Besides, if you’re the type of person that would carry such an emergency printer with him/her, you’re probably also the (over-)prudent type that wouldn’t mess up his/her first printout anyway.

As I said, useless.

• ny voip says:

It’s extremely helpful for me. Large thumbs up for this blog post!