Radia – Circular Cell Phone by Michael Laut

As cellular phones become a standard, the statement they make as a symbol and a fashion accessory has become increasingly important. The Radia phone concept expresses simplicity in form and sophistication in function and user interface. The outer rim, which is made of brushed aluminum makes both a refined professional statement. The touch-display is large enough to read and display many types of information, yet small enough to maintain a pocket-sized device. Simplicity is also expressed in the power button, which is flanked by the earpiece speaker, and balanced by the microphone which is 180 degrees around the perimeter.

Designer: Michael Laut

• Tyler says:

I like it, simple design, small yet functional. I wonder who the provider will be

• Geovante says:

I would buy one of these asap

• ana says:

Hello,

My name is Ana Cristina Gutierrez and I’m a student from the British School of Costa Rica. I’m writing a thesis about cell phones, their features and their impact on society. The title of my thesis is “Cell phones as an entertainment medium”. I’m researching information about the features set of recent cell phone designs and their advantages; and I would like to ask a number of questions from a director of technical development at Motorola. Please forward this email to an appropriate department director of Motorola who could answer some question which relates to my thesis. Thank you

• Tara McLaren says:

Can you please let me know when I can purchase one of these wonderful designed phones?

• Canthros says:

I think the screen is probably doable, though maybe not with the spiffy EL thing going. As to where the parts of it that actually make it a _phone_ would hide out…

Neat idea, though. Certainly looks nice.

• Jkantor says:

The electronics, battery, etc. are engineering concerns – not design ones. And today, pretty much anything can be done – for a price.

Consumer electronics today has more in common with fashion that engineering. Concepts like this drive consumer awareness.

• KevJohn says:

I couldn’t picture holding this up to your ear for any length of time. It’d be even worse than trying to use one of those Sports Illustrated football phones.

I can see wearing this as a medallion around your neck though, with an attatched earbud to let you converse in style.

• Mt12mindset says:

It’s very pleasing to look at, but it definitely would need some reworking before it was practical. I think the designer meant it to be more of a place to jump off from, get people thinking and possibly take some of the design concepts and work them into real life. Outrageously impractical designs are intended to push the envelope and expand your imagination, not be an end all to all production issues, hence the term “concept phone”.

• Maria Amalia says:

where can I purchase this phone and at waht price?
    i loved it but still want to know more about what it contains

• Sonia says:

I just wanna one of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fretzie says:

..pls help me on my thesis..

• Tabitha says:

Please let me know when I can get one of these!!!!!

• Hannah says:

I really want to know three things:

1. are they available to the consumer market yet?
    2. if they are, how much are they?
    3. where can i get one??

this is the coolest phone EVER!

• Michael Laut says:

This phone is hot really want one. Can you send it UPS Courier to Australia.
    Cheers Michael laut

• I’m gone to tell my little brother, that hee shhould also visit this website on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date news
    update.

• Emma Thomas says:

Extremely interesting object

• Landon Hall says:

Very exciting piece of writing

• Leah Flores says:

Hi, great suggestion and an interesting post, it’ll be interesting if this is still the case in a few years time

• I can’t help thinking about this line whenever I think about all the people around the world who are on these garbage in, garbage out diet regimens hoping to achieve the weight loss triumph of those
    who are promoting the items. The biggest advantage of choosing a personal fitness training is you can always stay
    focused and disciplined for your fitness regimes, thanks the personal attention and regular motivation of your personal fitness
    trainer. It is also significant to have a particular time
    when attempting to engross in a fitness training program.

• This has to be my second favourite article of the last few days, i can’t let you know the very best, it may offend
    you!

• Terrific object, I loved the two way communication model
    bit

• Anna Sanchez says:

fantastic usage of terminology inside the article, it really did help when i was reading

• Addison Cole says:

The radiohead creep t shirt piece is absolutely the very best
    i have seen today.

• I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site.
    I’m hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts
    from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing
    abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal website now
    😉

• Ava Smith says:

Saved like a favourite, wonderful site!

• One of the superior pieces i’ve read in the week.

• Perhaps the depression was getting the better of me, and I felt
    helpless to prevent it. You sit up a little straighter and glance toward the driver’s side window.
    Learner Drivers are really only concerned initially with the Driving Test,