Free Me, Oh My Green Table!

Look at this lovely table you see here, then let me introduce you to the plants it’s got growing on it. Tillandsias, also known as Air Plants grow without soil, feeding instead on the moisture it finds in the air (dust, decaying leaves and insect matter). These plants rely on a host structure for support, but don’t worry, the table wasn’t alive to begin with.*

But then again, the table wouldn’t be killed by this whole ordeal, as *the Tillandsias that grow on top of it use a host structure simply for structural support. Seems like a fair deal to me.

These tables are made for the freshening of a home, as the Tillandsias absorb CO2 from the air and produce oxygen in the night. The table is the perfect vessel for this magical transmission, as it’s right in the center of all the action. That’s where the cat usually is in my apartment. No chewie, kitty!

Designer: Devon Mingling Wang

Oxygen of Green Low Table by Devon Mingling Wang

oxygen02

oxygen03

oxygen04

• confucius says:

so, if you use the table as a… lets say a table, and put things like magazines, hot coffee and a bowl of risotto on it, do the Tillandsias die? or are they resilient to it I wonder?

• Margot says:

So, would this work in a desert climate? I always worry that products like this rely on their being humidity in the air, and there is very little in the arid climate I come from.

• Canastrophy says:

Wait, these spread through humidity? I can see some problems with that already. Ever had to get rid of mold?

• This looks fantastic, I want one!

• nonnegativetwat says:

Cani or carl………
        1. you never have anything positive to say – Have you every heard of constructive criticism (clearly not, judging by you website, how stupid of me to ask)
        2. People have taken time and effort to create these images and concepts and your one word answers are cleary rude, have you got a list of your designs so I can just sit and draw shit all over them still odnt think they would look as bad as the link on your page.

• Ja says:

i would prefer greening around rather than the coffee table itself

• Angela says:

So green, so fashionable. I want one, too. Where I can get it?

• Jodlowski says:

I like it a lot, and don’t see any negative sides, good job!

• Steve says:

Nice design and concept, but valid point on whether magazines/ books would kill the airplant. Do you need to trim/cut it? If it can't grow in your house for some reason, them are you stuck with an incomplete table? I would purchase one and give it a shot.

• cully says:

where can you buy one of these?

• cully says:

where can you buy one of these?

• Seriously though, where do i buy this? Cause i would really like one and my mother would kill for it, literally.