A New Dimension To Tea Drinking

I never really understood the elaborate ritual of brewing the perfect cup of tea. Maybe I’m uncivilized and vulgar to assume that you simply need to boil the leaves in hot water, add milk and sugar, and you’re done. Ok you snooty people stop cringing… do it your way with the Dione Tea Set. Described as a set of teacups with two hemispheres and a thin net preventing the tea leaves from entering the cup and involving some 180 degrees of rotation, the fuss is about keeping the aroma of the tea leaves alive.

Here’s how it works:

The teacup is made up of two hemispheres. Between the hemispheres is a thin net which prevents the tea leaves from entering the cup. While the aroma from the tea leaves is mixed with hot water, the cup is covered with the top hemisphere, preventing the aroma from evaporating into the air. After 3 minutes, when the tea leaves have released their flavor, the tea cup is ready to be flipped 180 degrees and the leaves will be separated from the tea. All that is needed is one hand movement in order for the leaves to be separated from the liquid, in other words, for the tea to enter into one hemisphere from the other without spilling.

Designer: Vuk Dragovic

dione

Dione Tea Set by Vuk Dragovic

dione3

dione4

dione5

• Tea_drinker_99 says:

Never liked tea brewed in glass teapots, it alters the taste of the tea. Same with glass teacups or mugs.

• karl says:

simplify?

• Carl says:

do you then drink it from the hemishpere? there is no spout on this if it is to be poured into a cup?

• Chloe says:

Wow great! looks really cute.
    im in love with this teacups.

• Pat Canella says:

Interesting design, very… bubbly? Seems pretty cool though, very futuristic!

• Zvezdan says:

To care, samo napred 😉

• Renelle says:

i LOVE this… but i have been searching and searching, and i cant find anyone linking to where this set can be bought. any ideas??

• vuk says:

i did this project for a tea off ! competition.
      this isnt manufactured yet.

• Renelle says:

ah, thats what i figured after much searching. it is absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. is there any way you could let me know when it goes into production? i have been searching for a tea set that embodies my love of tea with my love for the modern and simple, and yours is the only set i’ve come across that accomplishes both. owning this would make my year.
        thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

• Vlada says:

svidja mi se dizajn…ali, ako vec sipam caj iz ove posude u kojoj sam ga skuvao, sipacu ga kroz ovu cediljku i dobicu cist caj u casi! Ne treba mi ova druga polu-lopta! Zar ne?!

• nebojsa jankovic says:

bravo vuce.pozdrav iz nisa

• Marko says:

To majstore!
    Pitam se sta bi tek imao da kazes na ” Pimp my ride temu”?
    Znas oni likovi sto od obicnih automobila prave cuda…
    POzz

• Rebecca says:

Definitely imagine that which you stated. Your favorite
    justification seemed to be at the internet the simplest thing to take
    into accout of. I say to you, I certainly get
    annoyed whilst folks think about concerns that they plainly do not recognise about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and
    defined out the entire thing without having side-effects , other
    folks could take a signal. Will probably be again to get
    more. Thanks

• Celesta says:

If you desire to increase your familiarity only keep visiting this website and be updated with
    the hottest news posted here.

• This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep
    a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
    almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

• Ricardo says:

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation but I to find
    this matter to be really something that I believe I would by no means understand.
    It seems too complex and very wide for me. I’m
    having a look forward on your next put up, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!

• Seymour says:

I am actually delighted to read this web site posts which
    contains plenty of useful data, thanks for providing such statistics.