I Want A Baby Walker

Did you know baby walkers don’t help toddlers learn how to walk? Scientific research shows baby walkers distribute all the weight off the legs. For most parents, they could care less since it’s a way for baby to get around and they do seem to enjoy it. For designer Wilson Song, that wasn’t good enough. He created the Jump Baby walker that has an elastic ring to support baby in both seated and upright positions.The bouncing motion gets baby used to those two limbs beneath the bum. Baby will be walking in no time. Too bad they don’t make baby walkers for adults. Well they kinda do but adult walkers don’t look as fun.

Designer: Wonjune Song

• Wonjune Song says:

My name is Wonjune Song.
    Change name please.

• Nadine Lewis says:

I love your design looks really good…..if i wanna buy one where can i get it from and how much is it….my baby is still only very young but loves to stand and jump so this chair would be ideal for him……..i am very interested in buying one of your chairs!!

• rachaelmorton says:

Are these for sale? If they are, where can I buy one?

• tina says:

i love the design .. where can i find it? and how much is it?

• lc says:

Where can i get this walker!!!!!!!!

• maureen tyrrell says:

where are these sold—and for how much—looks awesome

• Agasa says:

Love the idea…..

• AG says:

“made with elastic stuff?”

do some research. this is just a concept, not a study. ten minutes of anthropometric research would make a real and valuable product.

• Mariama says:

I agree. “Elastic stuff” sounds very inconclusive. What is it made of? Is it harmful or not to babies? Organic? Something other than stuff. It’s a great invention and as a mom, I am interested in buying the product but this would be a negative determining factor.

• laura says:

Walkers are one of the most dangerous pieces of baby gear out there. Not only do they not promote walking, babies can also fall down stairs while playing in a walker. While it may be “fun” for a baby to be able to get around on his/her own, I for one will never ever own a walker and discourage all of my friends and family from using them.

• Corinne says:

The concept above is very nice and aesthetic ; I’d like to see whether a child really walk in it, or just “push” the walker. I’d like to have one for the next baby, coming soon !!!
      By the way campaigns against baby walkers are not based on scientific studies, but on fear about dangers ; the dangers are not due to the baby walkers but to the lack of imagination of some parents. Then it is easier to blame an object than to assume a full responsability, Parents who used a baby walker without adding a door before the stairs or let dangerous products within hands reach didn’t care enough ; and anyway, the risk is never = 0, ever, in a life. Generations of children walked after some time in baby walkers, as the 14 children in my own family did. THAT is a scientific (and limited) experience ; they all walked early enough and never suffered of any trauma. Now, what could be discussed is the type of baby walker we should use: a light rolling structure with a kind of short pants lets the child able to really walk, rest whenever it’s needed, and jump ; so the baby reinforce the leg muscles.

• Luba says:

As a mom myself, and coming from a very large family, who all used walkers for many years, I totally agree with you on this subject! Parents who had walkers accidents before didn’t care enough to put up rails to block stairs. Hello!!! People out there who are so against walkers, there’s rails in stores everywhere for a reason!!!! Gosh, use some common sense! Ppl can be so ignorant!! I really like this new design, I so want it for my next baby! (no baby anytime soon, my daughter is only 8 months old). I totally recommend walkers to those who are discouraged, put up railings, keep dangerous objects above the child’s reach, and you’re fine!

• krees says:

baby walkers are only dangerous is parents are negligent. Babies can only fall down stairs if there is no baby-proofing and if no one is minding them.

• Dave says:

you know that is a bunch of bull . Walkers promote indepence in the child and also in hibit their motor skills in their legs and teaches them how to move there legs in oder to walk own their own when they are strong enough to hold themselves up. By the way this product looks cool and i would love to try it with my son who is now 6 onths old.

• Mariama says:

The product above is a great product and it solves the essential problem that walkers have. Safety is the responsibility of the parent. Walkers are not babysitters, they help develop motos skills.

• patti says:

they will only fall down the stairs if you let them. its called a door or a gate.

• Ms. White says:

I have three kids. The first two both used walkers, the light type, and both were free walking by 9 months old. Now I have my third baby years later, and I am looking everywhere for a nice light weight walker and now the only ones I can find are these heavy none or difficult to move ones.
      As far as them being dangerous, its not the walker that hurts the kid. Its the parents not paying attention or even having a walker at the top of stairs in the first place, a DUH….

Its like saying they shouldn’t have bathtubs because babies can drown in them.
      Its not the product its the bad parenting skills.

• Ryan says:

I certainly would hope, if someone would be interested in buying a walker, they would also be smart enough to keep the baby away from the stairs. Either by using a solid baby gate, or not using it in a room with an open set of stairs.

Did you know a baby can also fall down the stairs by crawling? Are you going to stop your baby from crawling around just because its POSSIBLE for the baby to fall down the stairs when not under supervision and a blocked stairway?

Perhaps, since the baby could choke on his/her own food – you will forego feeding the baby? Sheesh.

• Nina Barry says:

What a load of rubbish for one you would not let your baby play near the stairs,also it does promote walking as my baby was in a walker and was still walking at 10 month.

• Stacey says:

I have to disagree with you Laura. I don’t see anything wrong with teaching your child to walk using a product like this prototype. I find the walkers to be much safer than letting your baby stumble around and hit their head on coffee tables, etc. The only problem with walkers is that parents think they can replace their eyes. You always have to watch your children no matter what they are using. Don’t blame the product for parents who zone out and let the walker do the babysitting.

• Mommy of 2...soon to says:

Where can I find one of these…it looks more like art than any traditional baby gear, and it looks really fun…Seriously, I must have one of these!!!

• Mommy of 2...soon to be 3 says:

• sylvia says:

I live in Manhattan and was wondering where I can buy the Jump Baby walker in NYC. I LOVE the idea and the design!, it’s beautiful

• shannon says:

I love this concept. I was hoping to find one available for purchase.

The comment on baby walkers and how unsafe they are begs for me to comment in return. Even though someone was very eloquent and has already.. I still must. I live in a one story rancher home. I think walkers are wonderful. The only down side to a walker is, my kid hits my furniture. If she’s happy, I say bang away.

• eunjae says:

hi bro~~
    goodjob~
    did you modify your concept? haha

it seems better~!:)

• voong says:

I think baby walkers are hit or miss. My niece learned to walk at 9 months and she only rarely used a walker. Her younger brother uses a walker quite frequently and he to walked by himself at 14 months.

• cindy says:

where can I get one?

• njeri says:

looking for such walker for my baby as now she is 7months and pls i really need that design as i think its light for the baby who is learning to walk.

• karamia says:

I think this is great, not only is there a function, but it’s a good looking product. Simplicity trumps all those cartoon characters. I’m loving it, where can I purchase one of these bad boys???

• dushan says:

i love the idea great for active babies
    how can i buy one and how much does it cost
    can i purchase it online in a store ?

• Melissa says:

where can i purchase one???

• Diana says:

I live in Miami, is your walker available here?How much please? thank you.

• lianne says:

i live in the philippines. is your walker available here ? if not , where can i purchase it and for how much? thank you.

• Doy says:

I am interested in purchasing one of your walkers. Where could I find one and how much are they?

• Teya says:

Where can i buy one of these.I love this idea!!

• Elle says:

Why aren’t the questions about where to purchase this walker being answered, we all would like to know, please.

• Lucy says:

where can I get one of these? I love it. It’s way far from the traditional walkers that are so bulky.

• Patricia says:

I am very interesting in this product.
    please tell me where can i buy it

• Victoria says:

I would love to kow where I can purchase this product. Thank you.

• Evanna Mccubbins says:

looks great are they for sale? where and how much?

• wendy says:

where can i buy one of this jump walker? please let me know

• tpilgri says:

I love this walker ! Is it currently in production?
    If so, where can I purchase it?

• Steve says:

Jeezus, how many people here have no clue what a CONCEPT is? It’s a CONCEPT, not a product for sale. So stop asking “where can I get it?!?”

As for whether walkers help or hinder… I learned to walk by 8 months, no walkers. Kids will vary. Somehow we evolved without walkers… how did we ever survive without them?

• Antohere says:

Hi,
    This seems to be cool and well design, much harmless for my kid, let me know how/where to buy it.

• veronica torres says:

i really want to get this walker were can i order it or get it please let me no

• BELINDA REEVE says:

WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THESE WALKERS IM IN AUSTRALIA . THANKS

• pankaj says:

how can i buy this baby walker?

• shiekin says:

hi,where can i get this n how much it cost?

• shiekin says:

hi,where can i get this n how much it cost?

• Robert Haydamous says:

Hello Sir,

I liked to the baby walker design. From where i can order one for my girl? I live in Lebanon, is it possible to order one online and deliver it to lebanon.

Many Thanks,

Robert

• Robert Haydamous says:

Hello Sir,

Many Thanks,
    Robert

• loz says:

I understand the term CONCEPT, but a concept usually turns into a product available for sale is this yet in production if so when and where would it be available and what price is it going to be???

• loz says:

• Valeria says:

Walkers need to b used With caution n responsibility who the hell leaves their baby in the walker by the stairs that’s ridiculous! N now the bath chair is banned in Canada bc stupid parents leave their child unattended in it. It’s a bath chair not a sit for urself chair.

• Valeria says:

• Jeff says:

Forget the babies, I have a friend who is 68 years old, had a stroke an now is prone to losing his balance.
    He needs an adult version lest he tip over and fall.

• Jeff says:

He needs an adult version lest he tip over and fall.

• Karen says:

Where can I buy this baby walker?

• Karen says:

Where can I buy this baby walker?

• Young Jin,Doh says:

We wish to know where we can buy baby walker

• Young Jin,Doh says:

We wish to know where we can buy baby walker

• Dennis Chan says:

Hi may I know that where can I get this baby walker please? I really need a baby walker now. So anyone know about this baby walker please let me know thanks.

• Dennis Chan says:

• Rajeswari says:

How much is the vechicle. Where we can get

• Rajeswari says:

How much is the vechicle. Where we can get

• Charlie C says:

epoh Baby plans to have the same concept and style on market by August 2011.
    As of June 1st 2011 will have web site and Pre order registry for a free epoh walker
    retail cost is starting $260.00 depending what
    seat material you choose and activity sets.
    4 colors avail .

• Charlie C says:

epoh Baby plans to have the same concept and style on market by August 2011.
    retail cost is starting $260.00 depending what
    seat material you choose and activity sets.
    4 colors avail .

• Charlie C says:

epoh Baby plans to have the same concept and style on market by August 2011.
    retail cost is starting $260.00 depending what
    seat material you choose and activity sets.
    4 colors avail .

• Charlie C says:

epoh Baby plans to have the same concept and style on market by August 2011.
    retail cost is starting $260.00 depending what
    seat material you choose and activity sets.
    4 colors avail .