An idea that should’ve been off the ground ages ago: self-sufficient lights on the streets of every city. Natalia Romanova presents this project with the very to-the-point title “Self-Suffieient Streetlights.” Romanova says we only use lights along the streets 20% of the entire day. Pretty accurate, I’d be willing to bet. So what about the other 80%? Solar panel collection. Romanova aims to use the sun to cut on cost, improve sustainability, make the world a better place with hot aesthetics, and keep the world alight until the apocalypse.
Designer: Natalia Romanova