8 Reasons To Turn To Solar Energy

Humans have been harnessing radiant hear from the sun since times immemorial. A host of ever-changing and evolutionary technologies have helped us stake claim on solar power, which is free and abundant. Active solar techniques like the use of photovoltaic panels and solar thermal collectors and Passive solar techniques like constructing buildings oriented towards the sun are the two methods that most designers consider whilst integrating solar energy into their design.

The biggest innovator of our time, Steve Jobs too had his opinion on the power and potential of alternative energy and our dependence on it. He felt that there was a way in which Silicon Valley could contribute towards its progress through investments and taking up of projects. The ideas were out there but no one was taking the necessary risks. Looks like we are still too far away from taking full advantage of its potential.

So what is it that we can do? Hyun-Joong Kim & Kwang-Seok Jeong feel that a creative SIG or Self-Energy Converting Sunglasses will be a good way to harness the goodness of the sun and create juice for our devices. After all we will be wearing sunglasses in the sun! The lenses of the glasses have dye solar cells, collecting energy and making it able to power your small devices through the power jack at the back of the frame. The dye solar cell of the SIG uses cheap organic dye along with nano technology providing cheap but high energy efficiency. Inexpensive, light, and visible-ray penetrable. The lens turns sunlight rays, into electrical energy.

According to Hosung Jung, Junsang Kim, Seungin Lee & Yonggu Do we need to radically think out of the box and invest in a solar powered printer that doesn’t use cartridges. The Tanning Printer that they have conceived uses the process of sun-tanning the paper!

If Weng Jie had his way then we would never need to invest in those expensive batteries used in our cameras. The Solar Camera Strap is a sturdy camera strap with solar panels to trap solar power for the camera. Team this up with a solar energy harvesting backpack and you have a winning combination.

Cheng-Tsung Feng, Yao-Chieh Lin & Bo-Jin Wang think of a more conventional option. Traffic lights are out in the sun and thus the prime spot for harnessing the sun energy. Their version of the Solar Traffic Light has been designed to include Discolor LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology, essentially hosting all the three colors of the lights within a single unit. Red, Amber and Green all together! The lights source power from the Solar Panel on top of the unit, which is elegantly designed as a hood.

The ones with a really innovative streak are Wu Kun-chia, Wang Shih-ju, Chen Ming-daw & Liou Chang-ho. All of them think that we need to get ourselves a solar powered and portable radio. Their creation the Flexio is sleek and beautifully designed. The innovative factor comes from the flexible speaker & flexible solar cell. It’s designed to be used within the station-waves range, but could be modified to receive Internet radio via WiFi or WiMax. Moreover they recommend using it as promotions and gifts; this ways you not only give an awesome gift but also spread a meaningful message.

Tracy Subisak, Donn Koh & Herlinda have a brilliant idea up their sleeve with the reNEW Solar Battery Charger. While the pack looks like a neat decorative frame that hangs on your window (via the suction cup) or sits pretty on a table, in reality it’s a solar charger for your re-chargeable batteries. Slide the batteries down the back of the frame, into the protective charging pouch, and when it’s all juiced up, pluck it out from the bottom.

If living on land gets too much for us then maybe we will need to relocate and move onto the sea. According to Michele Puzzolante, The Solar Floating Resort is an example of what the distant future might hold when it comes to architecture, our reliance on renewable resources, and dealing with overpopulation on land. Covered completely in a photovoltaic skin, the resort is 100% self-sufficient and non-polluting. On top of that, the floating palace is actually a modular system that divides into much smaller components that can be moved and assembled almost anywhere.

Coming back to where I began this article, if we listen to what Steve Jobs had to say then any step that takes us towards integrating solar energy will be a step in the right direction. So starting with what Jobs was good at, how about a simple polycarbonate laptop that has been inspired by light. Luce features a transparent touch-keyboard, Double Solar Panels (one on top and the other under the keypad) and the possibility of having a laptop that needs NO WIRES! Yes, even for charging it, is something that Andrea Ponti wants us to consider. I am sold on the idea of investing in solar energy, the question is will you as a consumer be willing to pay a tad bit extra for this super awesome energy source?

• Some brilliant design ideas here. I really like the solar glasses idea, although possibly a bit to wacky for me. The camera strap is a particular favourite too!

• eden says:

The camera strap wins it for me,it is not obvious but very functional

• All designs are awesome, Biggest innovator and brilliant ideas for use Solar Energy.

• Stephanie says:

I can’t believe how far solar has come in the last 10 years. I think these smaller applications of solar is where the technology really shines, not the huge solar farms & companies that can’t seem to stay in business and need huge subsidies to work. I particularly like the camera solar strap… inventive for sure!

• Cesar says:

is great!

• I quite like looking through an article that can make men and women think.
      Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!

• If not likelihood is that you are allergic to an oil in the citrus
      skins, not to the fruits themselves.

• It replaced my iPhone 3 Gs, which I however exceptional.
      So do you wish to know how to get the best iPhone Subjects?
      If you are unlocking as well, QuickPwn will ask you
      to find two “bootloaders”.

• The main house was custom built in 1891 for Archibald Colville the son of one of
      Scotland’s foremost steel dynasties and has been upgraded and extended.

• The antioxidant effects of juices also help the body to detoxify
      and remove the toxins, fats, preservatives and chemicals that diets of processed foods leave behind in your
      body. The size of the mixing bowl is a distinct advantage when you want to make more than one loaf of
      bread or 2 dozen cookies. It has been designed so compactly and carrying
      very small working units so that it can be kept
      anywhere taking a less kitchen space.

• Furniture should be beautiful but usable, and its purpose should be crystal clear.
      So, before making a purchase, use your imagination skill and visualize, it will go with your wall color or
      room interior or not. Also, the home decor can greatly influence your mood
      and help in relieving stress after a long day at work.

• Ulysses says:

I am in fact thankful to the holder of this web site who has shared this fantastic article at at this place.

• Asus notebook I like good, the people’s choice, it is too
      expensive to buy Dell, for we do not buy HP sucks, want to buy too much
      trouble to think about it DIY. Both are
      reasonably priced and good quality cases and keyboards. The styling
      features incorporated in the laptop makes it stand

• Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks I’ve read stuff from.
      Thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I’ll just bookmark this page.

• System AquaGold służy do wczesnego wykrywania i lokalizacji nieszczelności w instalacjach wodociągowych i ogrzewania mieszkań oraz instalacji przemysłowych.

System odcina dopływ wody, pozwalając na usunięcie przyczyny powstałej awarii.system ochrony przed zalaniem
      System ochrony przed zalaniem wodą AquaGold został zaprojektowany z myślą o
      zapobieganiu skutkom tego typu awarii.
      Przeznaczony jest on do wczesnego wykrywania system ochrony przed zalaniemw instalacjach wody zimnej i ciepłej
      oraz ogrzewania w domach, mieszkaniach, biurach czy sklepach.
      System może być stosowany również w przemyśle.
      Zasada działania systemu AquaGold jest bardzo prosta –
      w sytuacji wycieku wody system poinformuje nas o zaistniałym zdarzeniu sygnałem świetlnym i dźwiękowym, jak
      również automatycznie odetnie dopływ wody aż do momentu usunięcia przyczyny wycieku.

• com, 2006). Don’t listen to what’s been done before or any of those
      other things and don’t listen to people that say that no one’s
      interested in them too because if you are, there’s probably going to be more than you, there’s someone else out there that wants to see it,
      too. For reasons known only to himself, Ball decided to take Charlaine Harris’ light, fun series of Southern Vampire
      Mysteries and turn it into a heavy-handed political fable
      with vampires, recently rendered “”safe”” by the
      creation of the synthetic Tru Blood as stand-ins for the disenfranchised.

• Dominique says:

Greate article. Keep writing such kind of info on your page.
      Im really impressed by it.
      Hey there, You’ve done an excellent job. I’ll definitely digg it and in my
      view recommend to my friends. I am confident
      they will be benefited from this site.

• I’m not certain the place you are getting your information, but
      great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or
      working out more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

• I’m not sure about all of this. It appears
      fine as one example, but for being an ultimate I’m seeking a demonstration actually.
      The devil is incorporated in the demon

• ” If there is a variety that you have never seen before, chances are high that your recipient has never seen it before either. So while they’re red, they’re also lots of other colors and taste just as delicious. The only question that remains for now is, how are you going to use Vine to promote or inform your audiences.

• planettas says:

Howdy I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found you
      by mistake, while I was searching on Bing for something else, Regardless I am here now
      and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and
      a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added
      in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a
      great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.

• Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you, However I am going through troubles
      with your RSS. I don’t know the reason why I cannot subscribe to it.
      Is there anybody else getting similar RSS issues?
      Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond?

• Asking questions are genuinely fastidious thing if you are not understanding something entirely, however this
      piece of writing presents nice understanding yet.

• What’s Going down i’m new tо this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely ɦelpful
      and it haѕ helped me ߋսt loads. I hοpe to give a contriƄution &
      assist other customers like its helped me. Good јob.

• It is often effective to cllear difficult skin prblems when nothing else
      helps. I can surely attest tto its effectiveness and I wrote a description off it below.
      Keep in mind that your anti-aging creams and wrinkle creams alll contain squalane.

• Thanks for finally talking about >8 Reasons To Turn To Solar Energy
      Yanko Design <Liked it!

• We could also allow them to purchase whole albums or
      customised content off us. Your career in the industry
      will have an unambiguous augmented prospect. Be sure your
      your youngster has fun with every lesson.

• GTA 5 Hack says:

In fact the Stalker Mod Compilation might be the best mod available for
      the regular casual PC gamer, as it is very customizable and incredibly easy to install.
      A temporary fix has been revealed for players who were unwillingly gifted a large sum of cash that came from hackers in ‘GTA Online.
      It’s doubtful on what they mess around with all the code which let them have this kind
      of ability.

• Greate article.
      Im really impressed by solar panels!!

• It lets you store passwords, financial information and other vital data.
      Sports games are quite different from RPG games, so if they
      have a particular interest, you want to make sure that you know what that is.

You need to simply determine what you’re undertaking,
      and what to consider in online games.

• It is in reality a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m glad
      that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this.
      Thank you for sharing.

• But if you are suffering from constipation for a long time and nothing is helping you then you need to consult a doctor.
      Another of the herbs for hemorrhoids is butcher’s broom. Since
      they can live with little water, they are the perfect ornament to such

• If some one needs to be updated with hottest technologies then he must be pay a visit this web
      site and be up to date daily.

• Hello my loved one! I want to say that this article is awesome,
      great written and include almost all important infos.

I’d like to see more posts like this .

• Nannie says:

Frozen cow dung was used as a hockey puck in the olden days, after which the upgraded
      version involved using sliced-up lacrosse balls.
      By January of 2004, she had entered a major competition and
      she bagged the 5th place in the Open Women’s division for that event.
      With this set-up made properly you can make a
      nice flowing and natural swing toward the target and you can work on good swing mechanics.

• Thanks for any other great article. The place else could anyone get that type of information in such a
      perfect approach of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such