When it Couldn’t Get Easier…

Especially compared to digital clocks, analog ones are easy enough to change when daylight savings time hits, right? WRONG- there’s always room for improvement! Proof- the Ambigu wall clock has a hanging element on the reverse side that’s very similar to standard designs but with one major difference: dual-positioned hook spaces that make it possible to easily rotate the clock one hour forward or backward in accordance with the time changes. Each hour mark on the clock’s minimal face is exactly the same so no need to take it off the wall!

Designer: Jon Liow

Shares 1.7K

• Ahem… one hour _and_five_minutes_.

• illus says:

Simple indeed, but five minutes wrong nevertheless.

• joe says:

I guess you could correct the five minutes easily enough, but why not simply correct the whole hour?

• Jon Liow says:

Hi Yanko and readers! Jon Liow here – the designer. Since publishing this design I have discovered the problem of the five minute difference once rotated. For some reason I managed to overlook this flaw during the design and prototype phase. An oversight on my part… I apologise. The design has now been altered to be a standard clock! Always learning from my mistakes. Sincerely, Jon.

• Jon Liow says:

• Glen Davis says:

I LOVE this clock! Is it currently or will it ever be available for sale in the U.S.?

• Jeff says:

A good designer always learns from his mistakes- easy one to make Jon. I still love the style and simplicity of the clock without the daylight savings function. Nice!

• Ty says:

Want one! Have wanted a nice clean and minimal clock like this for a while. The daylight savings function is a shame, but still looks great. Where can I buy? And any other colors?

• roma says:

So cool, reminds me of a plus-minus 0 clock but I like this better. Its sleeker and better colour too. Are these commercially available? also what sizes?

• Sandy Roschek says:

This is nice, very classic but still modern. It’s hard to find clocks like these. We don’t have daylight savings where I am so, that doesn’t really bother me. Hope this can be in retail stores one day! assuming it’s still conceptual?

• Jon Liow says:

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback and comments. The clock was in its conceptual stage at the time of this post, but has now been refined (as a standard clock / no daylight savings function). You can contact me for personalised orders (colours and finishes optional). http://www.jonliow.com

Thanks.

• ramesh says:

Like! Winding back the clock isn’t that hard to do anyway, i like this better as a normal clock.

• Kenny says:

I’m intrigued by the comments stating that daylight saving time adjustments aren’t uniformly one hour. The English Wikipedia article doesn’t mention any that aren’t an hour [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time]. Where is the adjustment one hour and five minutes?