CoverFi is a portable wireless router that resolves a number of issues like low battery levels and charging inconveniences. The smart device uses solar energy to power itself and utilizes wireless charging technology. The device is basically meant to give you WiFi connectivity even when you hit the beaches or are on a campsite.
- The product is composed of two parts.
- The upper UFI part is responsible for launching the Wi-Fi hotspot, and the lower part is a solar battery that collects solar power.
- Magnets hold the two parts together.
- The rubber cover is fitted with solar panels, which are revealed when unfolded.
- The UFI is able to unremittingly provide a Wi-Fi hotspot for a prolonged period.
- The solar panel directly transmits electricity to the UFI.
- Even if the solar panels are placed outside the tent, the charging function will not be compromised.
- The solar panel is a portable charger that is able to temporarily charge a tablet PC (or other smart devices) through a cable.
- The UFI has three slots to support digital camera cards, so files can be transferred directly to the tablet PC or mobile phone through the wireless network.
Designers: Gao Feng, Chen Hongyu & Wang Sheng