Laser Levels Are Always Precise

Level+ is a level meter concept that uses cross laser lines to ensure precise straight beams that aid in civil work. As the designer explains, “after Level+ is attached to a horizontal plate (via the suction cup), the plummet places itself horizontal, automatically. The power revs up and the cross line laser can be adjusted to project horizontal and vertical lines.” So the next time you embark on hanging a picture on the wall, trust the Level+ to help you hang it straight!

Designer: Royce Zhang

• Quintin says:

I’ve never seen a wall where a suction cup would work. This looks expensive, so I wouldn’t want to risk it falling on the ground…

That said, there are many products like this around already. I’ve got a self levelling rotating laser which I can set to project a line on a wall.

• Martin Jørgensen says:

Since it just send out a ray in the air it will only be visible as a spot on the two end walls unless it comes with a smoke cannon.

And agreed how will it fix to any wall except on the bathroom?

Think before you render and share!

• Hr says:

Wow what a cool way to waste your money.

• eddd222 says:

besides the two valid points above, I really dislike when someone uses the term “how does it work” and then describes “how do you use it” reminds me of an amazing discoveries commercial

• Goncalo says:

My exact thought!

• Jimmy C says:

This was a very well done design, regardless of people’s complaints. Good job!

• seobally says:

I really want to own one! Nice design.

• Kobelover says:

I totally want one of these, but our house walls are not level so no matter what the level says the picture hangs wrong…

• Jason says:

It’s easy to design something that doesn’t work.

1) Lasers aren’t visible in free space; they need to intersect with something like dust, smoke, or solid objects.

2) Without a gimbal, gyro, or plumb there is no way this will stay aligned in the vertical. Any builder knows you can’t trust the wall to be vertical.

3) Suction cups are useless on most walls.

• Quintin says:

Do a google search for rotary laser.

There are many brands, prices start at ±€200 for a cheap laser (accuracy of 1mm over 1,5m) to over €2000 for a really good one (accuracy of 1mm over something like 20 meters).

Mine was €550, second hand. Accuracy is 1,5mm over 10 meters. We’ve been using it for the construction our house (currently, the foundation).

• Hunter says:

1: … or be powerful enough to burn the users’ hands.

• James says:

This is a good product and cool design. Appropriate price should be less than $50.

• Kevin says:

This is very interesting concept design. Thank you very much for sharing.

• Sandra says:

I really like this concept. It would be nice to see a pro review of this tool to see if the implementation provides a functional tool at a competitive price.