Powerful Branches

The Ramo Branch Multi Tap is a dramatic representation of power consumption and how gadget-dependent we are. It looks more artistic than practical and can literally grow to branch out by simply fitting in modular socket stubs. The tree may look good but I won’t promise beauty in the ensuing wiring chaos.

Designer: Eunsung Kwon (Enzo)

• Sarah says:

It’s too busy!

• gee says:

So when you are not consuming energy, the device wastes energy to show you that you are not wasting energy… ?!?! Moreover the shape is cool but it also uses a lot a material… If I need 4 plugs, I need 4 "ramo" unit ! my old 4plugs-on-a-rack is way more ulgy but it is way more greener…

• gee says:

So when you are not consuming energy, the device wastes energy to show you that you are not wasting energy… ?!?! Moreover the shape is cool but it also uses a lot a material… If I need 4 plugs, I need 4 “ramo” unit ! my old 4plugs-on-a-rack is way more ulgy but it is way more greener…

• Eunsung Kwon says:

if I am an engineer. I agree with you.

Quantity of Standby Power depends on the type of device.

It is focused for “standby power”. Today we don't care about it, but it's a wasting energy. Using standby power, it has been wasted 5Gkw for 1 year. I know that we have timer, but we can't see it and we don't understand why we have to do unplug. I think it's better because we have to think about relation of energy consumption and Nature. Also we have to think when we buy this unit. because i don't like consumism.
      When i buy one of these units, it means i have a chance for save energy, nature or not.
      It depends on consumer's mind.
      And we can see how much energy wasting.
      We can think about it in another way.

• Googlie says:

@gee: Yeah, it should instead shine a red LED on every socket that draws juice. Better yet, a mechanical red/green switch that shuts off an outlet, without one having to pull the plug.
    Compacting the whole thing, to use less material might also be a goo idea.
    Unfortunately, like shown above, it is just one of those ‘green’ designs, that don’t meet their own expectations.

• Googlie says:

Compacting the whole thing, to use less material might also be a goo idea.

• 很好的设计 能够按照自己的所需添加插座的分支

• 很好的设计 能够按照自己的所需添加插座的分支

• 很好的设计 能够按照自己的所需添加插座的分支

• adesignaddict says:

also, would a standard wall socket be able to hold the weight of a giant plastic tree?

• adesignaddict says:

• Eunsung Kwon says:

Your question is strange. Don't you know when adding too many multi-tap is very dangerous.

• adesignaddict says:

my question is strange….well, in case you didn't understand my point, let me try it again: your images show 8 'branches' attached to one wall socket (which i would say is already 'too many'). now, in this example there's already potential for 10 chargers to be connected, which means the electrical socket would have to support quite an amount of weight, which could then lead to the whole thing either just detaching or to cause damage to the socket.

• adesignaddict says:

• jason says:

@adesignaddict: I don’t think he or she(eunsung kwon) understands the material properties. May be he is just a student who studies industrial design at a college…. but I hope he or she understand your question and able to fix the weight distribution and large amount of plastic materials will be used on that multi tap…

To EungSung Kwon: Research more. Understand the power saving technology completely first! before you utilize the technology in your design! or please do not say it is Green Design. I do not like when people use “Green Design” as a marketing term…

• jason says:

@Eunsung Kwon it seems like you’ve researched some, but you must realize how dangerous it is if it was installed in the house with kids in it. Too much plastic materials is used (More plastic = More non-decomposable waste = More engergy spent to decompose plastic).

I have been researching power saving multi taps for a year now and it seems like you are only focusing the aesthetics of the product. Multi taps deals with power(sometimes kill people) and it must be very safe before continuing with the aesthetical design.

Simply put – Your theory is good, now you need to translate that theory into a product!

Good luck!

• Manu says:

nice design . i liked it … but as he said it consumes more material for increased number of sockets and to highlight that one is “SAVING ENERGY” this design consumes ENERGY{green light}. and thats not ENERGY SAVING right

• Victor says:

Hello.
    How I can buy this thing?

• Thanks to this application and it was really good