TRON Watch for Glowy Goodness

Wait a second, didn’t I just write about this? Wait no! I just wrote about something that’d go REALLY WELL with this, the Campbell version Light Cycle by Wallace Campbell! Ride on down the grid with that and this and you’ll be the bell of the ball. What we’re looking at HERE isn’t a cycle, it’s a watch. Everyone loves a good watch here at Yanko Design, right? This is no exception. Shiny lights and a unique way of looking at time? Right on.

The time here is displayed with hours and five minute hexa-slots – just how it should be, of course! It’s branded with the NEW Tron movie logo, that being Tron: Legacy. Take a look at the rest of the items we’ve posted in the extended Tron inspired world by, you guessed it, searching for the word TRON in your search panel (or by clicking [here])

Designer: Abhinav Dapke

• Tim says:

Hmm looks like a Tokyoflash copy of the Shinshoku and the Tron watch to me???

• Tim says:

Hmm looks like a Tokyoflash copy of the Shinshoku and the Tron watch to me???

• Mustafa says:

When sale this watch? Can I buy where?

• Mustafa says:

When sale this watch? Can I buy where?

• Sam says:

This watch can only show the time in 5 minute steps – mistake number one. Using the term "TRON" logo pretends this watch to be an official design, wich it isn't – mistake number two. If the mistakes are erased, then we can discuss about the closing mechanism and adjustability of the straps. Until then: cool looking watch concept. Weak concept, great images. My subjective opinion :)

• alexandre says:

lol, i'm not sure but it's not only five minute in the future …its just a mistake from him,
      or you didn't look carefully (mistake number one ?)
      Cause obviously he wanted that
      on top of the digits, there is little dot , twelve of them !!!
      It's obviously associated to hours, even if the text does'nt say so !
      otherwise, why he put numbers from 0 to 9 for Hours while minutes need it ? typping error…
      but okay, first user have to get used to abstract watch, like those they sell at tokyoflash

• AuraMaster says:

Not true. The hours could use the numbers and the minutes could use the dots, it’s just less accurate. I truly agree with what you are saying. It’s just that that’s not the only way of showin the time through the watch. And it might not have been a typo.

• Sam says:

This watch can only show the time in 5 minute steps – mistake number one. Using the term “TRON” logo pretends this watch to be an official design, wich it isn't – mistake number two. If the mistakes are erased, then we can discuss about the closing mechanism and adjustability of the straps. Until then: cool looking watch concept. Weak concept, great images. My subjective opinion :)

• alexandre says:

or you didn't look carefully (mistake number one ?)
      Cause obviously he wanted that
      on top of the digits, there is little dot , twelve of them !!!
      It's obviously associated to hours, even if the text does'nt say so !

• Johnathan says:

The image in the picture states that the dots are for the minutes, not the hours. I agree that it should be reversed. Why you would want a watch that is only acurate to within +/- 5 minutes is beyond me. I think this watch only works with the dots indicating the hours and the number display indicating the minutes.

• jack says:

where can i buy it?? its amusing!!! please write back.

• jack says:

where can i buy it?? its amusing!!! please write back.

• Yibrahan says:

i want buy it ¡¡¡¡… can you tell me a web site or something like that ??

• Yibrahan says:

i want buy it ¡¡¡¡… can you tell me a web site or something like that ??

• Chida says:

There is a watch inspired by Tron on Windows phone 7 made ​​by Chida

• Poljot says:

I was lucky to find your http://www.yankodesign.com site. I don’t have much to add to the conversation, but I’m right here with you. This post said exactly what I have been thinking. Good to see you posting again.

• Poljot says:

I was lucky to find your ” target=”_blank”>http://www.yankodesign.com site. I don’t have much to add to the conversation, but I’m right here with you. This post said exactly what I have been thinking. Good to see you posting again.

• 44skull44 says:

twelve dots 5×12=60min and the 0 is for hours 1-9 that dnt have a digit in the tenths place and 10.
    01-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

• t says:

love how people dont use their eyes. the numbers are in fives but if you look above the numbers there are hexs that light up to show the hour. now they just need to make the watch!

• AuraMaster says:

Ppl ARE using their eyes. According to the design, the dots are minutes, the numbers are hours. You must not have read the description. That is a better way of using the design tho

• ip2x says:

Is this available for sale ? I want it

• Good article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our website.
    Keep up the great writing.

• Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is valuable and all. Nevertheless think about if you
    added some great graphics or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”!
    Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this website could definitely be one of the best
    in its niche. Wonderful blog!

• My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of
    your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
    I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating
    on many of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome site!