The Nail Within!

I see carpenters fumble for the nails in their span or gripping a mouthful quite hazardously. The Nail Hammer is an easy solution, where the handle holds a silicon case full of nails and is easily accessible. I guess this means one less nail swallowed, one finger less hurt and a nail hammered right on its head!

Designers: Jinsoo Cho & Ahjin Choi

• Iperpaolo says:

I think that for some objects the evolution is complete, a carpenter uses hundreds of nails in an hour, he uses every part of the traditional hammer. but above all, its safety is ensured by the fact that although it uses two hands to work his eyes are always free. While to use this device he has to do a complicated operation whenever he need a nail.

• Iperpaolo says:

• Me says:

Sound concept. But from a user’s perspective I would prefer the nail storage to be positioned away from the handle. Maybe along the neck using magnet. Otherwise wouldn’t it be easier to use a nail pouch?

• Mr.Ron1 says:

Exactly, nothing beats an old fashion tool belt. I cant imagine to many jobs that would require so few nails, besides hanging up pictures. Reinventing the hammer is like reinventing the wheel, unnecessary & pretty impossible.

• Me says:

• Mr.Ron1 says:

• David Deak says:

The novelty would turn into frustration in a few tries. A waste of time, no real advantage. A classic example of the designer/inventor getting nailed to falling in love with an idea. Did anyone do a quick time study on this versus a regular hammer and nail pouch combo?

• David Deak says:

• Cris says:

Nice concept, but what if I need to use nails longer than 2in??

• Cris says:

Nice concept, but what if I need to use nails longer than 2in??

• admx says:

I was thinking the same thing… or what If they are more thick than usual?
        I think this is a great concept! But I'd think It would be better a magnetic pouch or just a normal pouch.

• Very nice, but I agree on the nailpouch x3

• Very nice, but I agree on the nailpouch x3

• Howard Roark says:

I like the head but I think this will be very impractical…

• Howard Roark says:

I like the head but I think this will be very impractical…

• keekstar says:

a magnet attached to the belt would probably do the job too

• keekstar says:

a magnet attached to the belt would probably do the job too

• MARTIN yao says:

I like it.

• MARTIN yao says:

I like it.

• Loqe says:

The handle doesn't seem to be able to handle the stress of a workday. It'll either break or become a nuisance with reattaching the head that landed on the floor below you.

• Loqe says:

• Rakesh Sivan says:

My two cents for this design. Still worried about the strength of the model once the whole pieces are glued together

• Rakesh Sivan says:

• Philly says:

I loved the concept to begin with but when you begin to incorporating to separate entities within the same feature like was been done with this hammer and nails system it would get too fiddly, for lack of better term. I now love it less

• Philly says:

• Ben says:

There are vital questions to ask yourself before you invent, but there are even more questions to ask your target demographic after you lay down your idea. Wasting your time with display models that are barley researched beyond creation. Just ask all the people above me who would rather deal with a stinking nail pouch which does have flaws.

• Ben says:

• Me, Myself & I says:

That looks like a sledge hammer, not a hammer you would drive nails with. and the nails shown couldn't fit in the handle without puncturing your hand. I agree with most of the comments. I always go with a tool belt which has 1 pocket full of nails.

Now if I was a house-wife trying to hang a picture real quick and the hammer, it's head, and the nails were all smaller…maybe.

• Me, Myself & I says:

• JWW says:

Additionally, the nails that this stores would have to be short. This might be a fine novelty for your average homeowner doing nothing more than hanging picture frames. I just think the nail removal process from the handle will be much slower than most other processes.

• JWW says:

• Andrew Spencer says:

This was why the nail gun was invented. you don’t even swing your arm anymore. The hammer was unreliable as sometimes you struck the nail obliquely and bent it. The nail gun beats this hands down.

• Alex says:

The head of the hammer is really problematic. I won’t even touch on the issues others have brought up with the length of nails, better alternatives, etc. but there is a reason why we sell 12 different styles of hammer at the hardware store I work at. A claw hammer does a much different job than a framing hammer, tack hammer or sledge and each one has variations in how they’re designed to meet their purpose. In this particular case you’ve removed one of the major functions of a claw hammer, namely having a handy removal tool right at hand, and replaced it with a second striking surface that has no benefit for the purpose you’re designing for.

• verktøy says:

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for information about
      this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far.
      However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you positive
      in regards to the supply?