Where’s My Water?

Have you ever come up on a faucet and thought – wait a second, where are the faucet handles? How does this work? Even after years and years of motion-sensor technology being embedded in faucets in malls and restaurants the world over? Designer Daniel David Sutherland sees this problem too. Convenience should be intuitive, right? In order to convey instantly the way this new faucet works, Sutherland placed a human hand impression right in the center of the bowl.

What to do? Place hand here.

In addition, the bulk of the faucet is hidden behind the bowl, preventing the user from focusing on it instead of the hand washing. Modern motion sensor faucets are confusing (Sutherland and I agree) because when the faucet is the center of attention, the user instantly thinks they’ve got to interact with it by touching it to turn it on.

In addition, this interesting feature: “By concealing the motion sensing componentry underneath the angular faucet, any concerns of unsolicited washroom surveillance (often associated with conventional sensing technologies) are also averted.” True! I used to think they were little cameras spying on my hands!

Paranoia averted.

NOTE: This project is a Reece Bathroom Innovations Award Finalist.

Designer: Daniel David Sutherland

• Kiwi says:

That's absolutly not practical if hot and cold buttons are placed behind the bowl

• Kiwi says:

• tudor says:

so you have to place ur hand in the bowl? I am placing my hand where others wash their teeth and spit and wash their hands and im supposed to place my hand on there? to turn the water on? What's next a hand print inside a WC? Totally insanitary

• quantum says:

I agree, it is completely discusting,and besides, motion sensing facets aren't hard to use or confusing, i have never had a problem with them. In fact this seems more confusing, not more intuitive. If i walk up to a sink and see a hand print in it i am going to think "what the heck?" not "Ohh a hand print, let me stick my hand in there to".

• tudor says:

• quantum says:

I agree, it is completely discusting,and besides, motion sensing facets aren't hard to use or confusing, i have never had a problem with them. In fact this seems more confusing, not more intuitive. If i walk up to a sink and see a hand print in it i am going to think “what the heck?” not “Ohh a hand print, let me stick my hand in there to”.

• confucius says:

I agree also, reasonably nice aesthetic but this is bad design, it doesnt really resolve an issue, and in the process makes it unhygenic. Didn't think it through…

• confucius says:

• Sipka says:

Aesthetically perfect…

• Sipka says:

Aesthetically perfect…

• Hence, considering the basic factors in mind, one can certainly be
    rest assured about the comfortable and smoother relocation. In addition, the choice
    of mover is associated with some advantages. When one have a pair of furniture that he or she has gotten sentimental attachment to, it would heart breaking to
    have them destroyed during moving.

• You will need to increase your water intake in order to keep your body very well hydrated.
    These HCG products are available online if you can buy it from your nearby stress.

Some of the fad diets which have been “the rage” over the past few decades include:

• Light Silk Spray to aid in brushing and easy removal
    of any tangles. Since 10% of California’s budget goes to pay for its prison system, the idea is
    that AB 109 will free up billions in the state budget.
    A tanning solution provides the right kind of solution which is
    always extremely helpful in showing the best kind of effect on your face.

• tan says:

Tanning allows you to experiment with different styles and
    looks. One should remember that perspiration will cause uneven tanning.
    A solid piece in neon and pastel is what makes color blocking elegant.

• Lionel says:

I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative
    and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit
    the nail on the head. The issue is something that too few men and women are speaking intelligently about.

I’m very happy that I stumbled across this during my hunt for something relating
    to this.

• Isabell says:

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought
    I should check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to looking over your web page for a second time.