Washing Machine Goes Wall Mount

As promised, I’m here with the details on the Dismount Washer. It’s a concept that looks at space saving and hygiene at one go. The way it works is like this, you have your own personal tub for your laundry that can be mounted on an “energy stick”. Using high-pressure steam as its source for cleaning, the washers does its job, and gives a fresh batch of washed clothes. A touchscreen display is integrated for easy navigation and menus. Ideal setup for those who prefer using Laundromats or don’t have space for a washing machine at home.

Dismount Washer is one of the Finalist 8 for the Electrolux Design Lab Competition. Check out their video highlighting the Top 8 at the end of the post.

Designer: Lichen Guo

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

Shares 11.5K

• mif991 says:

While I applaud the concept size and idea for single persons, I cannot see it cleaning clothes without any form of detergent. Also it appears there is no seal to keep moisture from leaking out. This is an unfinished concept or the presentation lacks any engineering thought whatsoever….Why does it have a handle to carry around? why not bring the clothes to it? Is it supposed to be portable? You might as well say that it will iron your clothes as well….

• mif991 says:

• Lara Peters says:

This is a great idea! It would be great for those cramped new york apartment where every inch needs to be utilized efficiently.

• Lara Peters says:

• Grzes Sz says:

Probably straight Nobel Prize 4 inventer, probably it cause less Wars etc. BELEIVE I WANT IT NOW !!!

• Grzes Sz says:

• Ryan says:

Perfect for dorm life!!

• Ryan says:

Perfect for dorm life!!

• atris says:

whatever.
      how are u meant to wash large quantities? what if "george" needs to go on a trip tomorrow? how is he ment to wash all his stuff and have it all ready for the day after?
      lol what is he ment to do, wash 4 underwears at a time? ridiculous.

not a bad concept if u ONLY need a specific wear for the next day and u dont want to consume huge amounts of water. only that though.. for the lazy that dont wanna wash by hand.

• Guest says:

And what if the person needs to wash their jeans or a few towels? I don't think this would be powerful or big enough to handle anything more than a couple shirts and some unmentionables. People want "set it and forget it" when it comes to things like this, not to have to be doing 50 separate loads of laundry whenever it's laundry day.

• arctic_ocean says:

omg this sux my washing machine is better LOR! hehe

• Guest145 says:

Washer mounts could definitely be thought of as art pieces. Disco balls or rotating artworks. Great for warm climates when all you wear are shorts and shirts. If the load is too small then you will be doing laundry daily which is wasteful on water, time etc. What about a washing machine in the bedroom. Get up hit a timer so the clothes will be done just as you get home from work. This way you no longer need a clothes hamper expand the main bedroom give the freshly washed clothes smell to your bedroom as opposed to the smell of dirty clothes. I have never understood the washer in the kitchen stuff.

• Andy says:

cool concept… but it seems to be more of a clothes-freshener than a washer. Yes, it does steam-clean, buut it does not dry, nor does it have anwhere for detergent or even a place for the dirt to go. At best, you'd get deep-cleaned clothes floating in a see of crud. If those problems were solved, though, I think I'd use it :)

• Andy says:

• Guest says:

I do not see the space savings. The box still needs to come home with me. Why not just install the energy stick at home? WHere will the box go at home? Wherever I put the box, I could install an energy stick – same amount of space is taken up.

• Guest says:

• Teraz pełna wygoda będę rejestrował ponownie firmę i teraz
      tylko Urząd Miasta i to wszystko pełna wygoda.