Cooking Made Efficient

The Catalyst is a all-in-one cooking solution designed for the Indian market consisting of a hood, microwave oven, fryer, and cook top. The induction cooking plated slide apart to reveal a fryer for all those delicious Indian foods. All the vapors are captured by the hood above which also happens to be the oven. Quite the efficient design no? I LOVE me some Indian food too but find the fragrant spices to be so strong, my eyes water. That hood better be damn near a vacuum of air.

Designer: Vasundhara Parakh

Catalyst - Cooking Range Concept by Vasundhara Parakh

Catalyst3

Catalyst4

Catalyst2

• Manju says:

Why wouldn’t you put the cooktop inside the bench, as these concepts work really only with new kitchens, Also, Microwave and rangehood combo..? ergonomics of height.?

• decaPODA says:

hmmmm :)

rhino +hypershot.. nice attempt..

over all explanation for Indian market = fail
    i do not understand anything here. where is the hood, is there a chimney, why the cooking plate slides, what is underneath the glossy surface..

put more explanatory slides..that may help the viewer understand the concept.

• Radhika Seth says:

Update from the designer since she is having probs logging in:

1.the hood is movable and collects vapor which are removed through the in built pipes.
      so the microwave and the hood are different as seen in the second last picture.

2.the unit is stand alone so that it can be placed as one likes in new or old kitchens

3. the microwave oven is placed at a height which is convenient as the user can see directly inside and doesnt need to bend over again and again.

• decaPODA says:

:) picking up and putting inside the microwave a bowl big enough for that size(25ltr?) from the desk and that also right on the top of a cooking stove..hmm..still does not convince.

well,
        no detail shown here also does not satisfy.

• gorilla design says:

Cool concept, I like the idea to move the hood up and down to collect different types of vapor or smoke! I also like the sliding stove, no need to fry in some other appliance, everything is built-in.

would be nice if I can move the oven up and down to use it at different heights or fold it into a more compact form.

cool design! :)

• vasundhara says:

i wish yanko can add the slide showing how the woman uses the hood to explain the concept better

• Rajwinder Singh says:

Product description says “all-in-one cooking solution designed for the Indian market”. How can you forget the power cuts?! No electricity means this appliance cannot cook and will just sit there occupying precious kitchen shelf space.

• Garey says:

Is the microwave will cook my head? We need a new design microwave machine to prevent this. But it still looks good.

• Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog
    that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve
    been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and
    was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your
    blog and I look forward to your new updates.