Camping With Consciousness

It’s all hunky-dory to go camping with a trailer till you need to get to the cleaning part. From what I know, very few really enjoy cleaning up the sewage and trash that they generate on the spot (unless you opt for a trailer park where amenities are available). The other alternative can be tugging on the C3 Hotel Cube that takes care of your every comfort. A mobile hotel with sewage storage option, so that you can do the cleaning up later… after the party is over!

The Cube employs clever use of opening panels to give you the feeling of open spaces, within its limited confines. The simple interiors and limited amenities are solar powered.

I don’t have a camper trailer, but I’m pretty sure that if I were to get one, it would be on similar lines.

Designers: Jianbo Huang & Ting Zhao from Jiangnan University

C3 Hotel Cube - Mobile Hotel for Short-distance Travel by Jianbo Huang & Ting Zhao

hotelcube2

hotelcube3

hotelcube4

hotelcube5

hotelcube6

hotelcube7

hotelcube8

• Austin says:

feaces…

• Fred Powledge says:

Your reviewer wrote: “From what I know, very few really enjoy cleaning up the sewage and trash that they generate on the spot…” Apparently the reviewer doesn’t understand that serious travel trailers have storage tanks for both the sewage and the gray water their occupants generate. Their occupants don’t have to clean up their stuff “on the spot.” So in terms of sewage and trash, there’s no essential difference between “real” trailers and this cute little bug, except that the cute little bug probably can hold a lot less sewage and trash, and therefore require much more frequent attention to emptying it. (Also, the accompanying copy indicates that the operator of the cute little bug spread his and her turds on the ground “for fertilization.”)

• Velma says:

very convenient

• Rhys Lloyd says:

So, it’s just a small caravan? (Or trailer as the US call them)

• kadakas says:

the axle is too far in the end, it needs to be in the center of mass. Modern cars can have only up to 50-100kg resting on their trailer-hitches – they are not semitrailers :)

• Nafi says:

hello there,
    how much it cost please let me know

• J D says:

how much and available in the US?

• nigelr says:

Concept engineers have no idea, all the glass in the windows and solar panels will be heaver than the trailer, nice wet room but no facility for cooking, and with the wheels at the back the weight pushing down on the tow bar means it will need a seven tone truck to pull it, an average car can only take 90kg pushing down on draw bar before searing is imposable.

• Travelin_Tiffin says:

A bed and a toilet? He’s taking hotel room literally as such. Narrow-minded decision-making. I would fold-away the bed, minimize bath area and create a more open floor. Wasted space abounds over windows and pillars that could be utilized [yet not detract from the clean open feeling]. “Fridge & cooker integrated” suggest it was an after thought. Canopy, waste, electrical, storage, luggage all seem too thinly researched. True Solar Photovoltaic panels are opaque and very densely covered in order to do anything. Solar panel shown would only power TV or laptop; not any appliance load. Designer is taking far too much liberty with laws of physics. The rental concept is the true original idea here.

• Jinventing says:

Beautiful concept with clean graceful lines, 1st class designing. Bathroom space excellent appeal. I would like to see more pics of the bed system and under storage. Hot plate/fridge fit for purpose. Solar Glass design cool but has more potential than most people realise. Hook it up to a Hydrogen Generator, then store the gas through molecule bonding at room temp an voila, a fuel for the onboard fuel cell. No Electical supply problems. Add front wheels on a pivoting axel and now it opens up a wider towing market. A lot of people travel as couples, so this has an explosive market potential but only if the price is right.

• chris says:

Looks nice but….
    1. as mentioned by others-the wheel is too far back
    2. no way will this work on forest roads – too low
    3. aerodynamically a dud
    4. I am not into composting my poops, thank you very much – this is just too green.
    5. high side winds would make the back of a car sway

would be nice if the designer actually spent time in a trailer and did a proof-of-concept before coming out with stuff like this.

• Ken K says:

Available in Canada? Please tell me where….

• Susan Ayers says:

Is this available in the states? How much?

• I’ve been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

• Shirley says:

The thought of trailer rentals is not original.
    The U-Haul Camper was produced 1984-1985 by the subsidiary company of U-Haul called Rec-Vee World. This line was removed from service in 1992, and trailers still in service were sold to the public.

• Justin Chong says:

I wouldn’t imagine sleeping beside a kitchen stove. The difference in space may decrease the user experience the user has.

I would rather have the kitchen beside the toilet, and not near the bed. Just imagine frying something and the bed will be like ..

• It’s the best time to make some plans for the long run and it is
    time to be happy. I’ve read this submit and if I could
    I want to recommend you few attention-grabbing things
    or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read more things approximately it!

• Pingback: web
  • I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article posted at this
    site is actually pleasant.