Time is Creepin on My Wrist and I’m Peepin’ It

What kind of time are you telling? The kind the bell tower is selling, or the time that your Mom is yelling? Check the hour hand on the “ON Air,” it’s got the minutes that you need right there. The red light has the time, as minimal as possible. Ask the siblings Asanaliev if you want one, they’ve got the strings that you’ll have to pull, no bull.

Designers Iskender Asanaliev & Adilet Asanaliev have made a quite fine example of the concept of time being contained all in the hour hand. The LED light on the clear display shows the minutes, while the position of the numbers act as the hour hand. And if it weren’t simple enough, setting the time is included in an extremely quaint way:

To set the time you need just to push in the center of the display for 5 seconds and LED flashes, here you push upper or lower corner of the display to set the hour and the left and right corner to set minutes.

Designers: Iskender Asanaliev & Adilet Asanaliev

Shares 94

• Jaster says:

it doesnt say the hour?

• Mixel says:

“The LED light on the clear display shows the minutes, while the position of the numbers act as the hour hand.”

• jHo says:

cute, but it’s kinda stupid… because it might be a bit ambiguous.

ex: when it’s showing, say, 1:35, some people might misread it as 2:35…

• Iskender says:

As I see you haven’t used Swatch’s Skin watch on which it has no numbers, at first time you’ll be confused but after a while you see the exact time.

• watchface says:

the hand reads out the numbers, while the position of the hand signifies the hour.

• Jason says:

I wonder how it looks with a person’s skin tone under the face instead of thin air.

• It’s a lovely idea, but as with the LED watches of old your not going to be able to display the “hands” all the time because of the power requirement. Watches and such use LCD because they consume so little power vrs LED and when your looking at small things power supply is a big factor.

You could do this in LCD, but by making it see through you have used up most of your space for circuits, and batteries making it on the edge of impossiable at this time.

• fb says:

The designer could’ve split the first digit and the second digit, have them act as ‘Minute’ (Outer digit) and ‘Hour'(Inner digit)

It can still tell what minute it is, and we’ll know what hour it is.

Then again, watches aren’t for telling time anymore anyway.

• KwangErn says:

Awesome concept!

• yo says:

the watch have not any button.
    if the watch was late, what can i do?

• Rene says:

Very nice! But i think the Background should be black or steel. Would buy one!

• shinYa says:

hy
    I soooo love thiz watch
    how can I buy?
    plz tell me soon ok?
    itz really really cool~!
    I so hope I can have iz
    can u tell me or send message for me??
    please please please!!!

• Noah says:

how it is adjusted

• Iskender says:

To adjust the time you need just to push in the center of the display for 5 seconds and LED (or LCD) flashes, here you push upper or lower corner of the display to set the hour and the left and right corner to set minutes. If its ok Push the center of the display for 3 seconds. Its just like iPods interface.

• Richard says:

Absolutely nice !
    But now with date and alarm added

• Jayman says:

I have to get this watch. It is simple, sleek, modern, a little complicated to tell the time and a great eye catcher. I really look forward to wearing it! I have some questions: what is the band made out of? What is the case size? How much does it weigh? Do you have any idea about the cost? Is the face glass and how durable would it be?

• Jayman says:

• rip101 says:

If you can’t tell the difference between 1 o’clock & 2 o’clock you have bigger problems than knowing the time.

• imran ahmed says:

AOA, i want to buy this watch can u send me the details please ??