Bam Bam Baby

I want my tricycle! When I was a kid, I had a big wheels trike made of thick hard plastic. I took that thing everywhere, complete with handle bar tassels thank you very much. Nowadays living with a delicate footprint is important and thats trickled its way down to kid’s toys. Take for example the Bam Bam Baby trike. Designed out of the mindset of clean lights and small environmentally footprints, Bam Bam Baby is an alternative from injection molded plastic tricycles currently in the market. Made entirely of sustainably harvested bamboo, it’s strong, flexible, abrasion resistant, hypoallergenic, and quite aesthetically pleasing if I do say so myself.

The main body and wheels are designed to be cut out of a flat sheet. This not only makes it economical but also enables flat packing to reduce any excessive packaging. The wheel tread is made from off the shelf rubber o-rings which can be replaced easily when worn down. The pedals are made of recycled aluminum.

Designer: Andrew Grigor

• IGreenSpot says:

hey, cute eco friendly bike for the babies … good job !

• zippyflounder says:

good job, well thought out and (wonder of wonders) prototyped. A few suggestions, make the wheels solid disks as per the “original” keeps little ones from sticking hands. feet , arms in the holes and getting a “boo boo”, Kids do crazy stuff like that and parents seem to think that is YOUR FAULT if there presious tyke gets damaged.

• Maisnon says:

Good point zippy, it won’t be such a big deal with the back wheels but especially the front wheel seems to be dangerous when considering putting stuff through the holes 😛

And for aesthetic reasons the back wheels will then probably end up solid as well.

It’s a pity though, because it looks nice with holes and well, altogether it’s a great product anyway 😛

• Keith says:

Agreed, good simple clean design. Maybe change the handles as well so they kind of curve towards the seat and downward to be a little more ergonomic.

You might want to think up a better way to do the tread as well. I am not sure how readily available o-rings this size are. More importantly, these seem like they could roll off the wheels sideways easily, even if they are on there tightly. I like it though.

• fb says:

cute, but kids like clashing colours…
    so i think that the only way for this to truly sell is to cover it in brightly coloured paint

• zippyflounder says:

put in each kit a bag of markers and let the little buggers have at it themselfs.

• Carlos from Philly says:

This is terrible.
    The steel tricycle– you know, the one most of us had growing up– is a good design. It’s incredibly durable, easily lasts generations, can be repaired even after extensive damage…

the sustainability trend is nice when applied practically, but applying sustainability to something which has never had an issue with “recyclability” is nothing more than trendy marketing.

this is bad design– it creates more problems than it actually solves.

well, at least it’s not another chair…

• maria says:

can you buy the bam bam baby? where?

• Jeroen says:

uhmm i’m sorry, but they sell this kind of bike allready in wooden toy shops all over holland…

• Pingback: tototu
  • EVAN says:

CAN YOU GET A SET OF DIY PLANS? IF SO WHERE. I AM DISABLED (CAN’T USE MY LEGS WELL. IF THERE WERE PLANS TO SOMETHING WELL THOUGHT OUT LIKE THIS, I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE IT FOR MY NEW TWIN GRANDKIDS. I MEAN THIS WOULD BE BETTER THEN A WOODEN TRAIN OR BOX. THANKS Ev.