Dog on a Gun!

Trust the Russians to teach us how to train a dog! Actually it’s more like shooting, err… walking them on a leash with the Povodokus! A pistol – shaped retractable dog-leash fit enough for your canine friend. Make that ANY friend!

Designer: Art Lebedev Studio

• Serge says:

It's just a joke 😉

• tom says:

all over that…….LOVE IT!

dont even have a dog

• Vasil says:

Very Nice 🙂

• I can imagine things happening once they encounter people from PETA.

• Hope it's just a april fool's joke, this looks horrible for a dog, looks like you wanna kill him. I don't see any dog fan using this. Just by having something like this on the streets would make people worry or cops to think that you're gonna kill the dog.

• Matt says:

FAIL, this is AWESOME!!!! I love my danes, this is the greatest leash design ever created. I don't want some pretty pink POS leash, I'm a boy, I'm glad they make a boy leash so I don't feel like some little fairy walking my dogs. I want, no, I NEED this!

• Sara says:

I NEED this!!!!

• It seems people here don't have sense of humor. I don't think the idea is to show you want to kill your dog, otherwise, you wouldn't have a dog.

• Sofia says:

This is cool idea!

• James says:

Clearly a joke that would never be put into production so no need to get all uptight about it. No dog owner would want to own such an item as it's just offensive and inappropriate and in most countries it wouldn't actually be allowed. You can't walk down the street with a gun even if it's just a toy, not in England anyway. Funny idea, but obviously designed by someone who doesn't have a dog and has never met anyone who has one.

• Grant says:

Said by someone who has never owned a gun, and has never met anyone who has one.

• James says:

Yes actually, I have. But that has no bearing on my point whatsoever. This is targeted towards dog owners, not gun owners. Thanks for your input though, much appreciated.

• Jake says:

Yes, because all dog owners are humorless stuffy douchebags like yourself. I'd buy one in an instant and I'm pretty disappointed it's a joke. Also, in America there are plenty of states where you can walk around with a real gun if it's not concealed.

• Kristopher says:

I'm one of those CCW holders you mentioned, Jake.

Waving around something in your hand that looks like a pistol can still get you shot after a panic 911 call. Carry laws do not include the right to wave a pistol around. CCW holders who display their weapons aggressively or even negligently will, if they are lucky, only get disarmed after a violent arrest.

Hell, even accidentally exposing one by bending over to pick stuff up has gotten people hauled into court.

I am going to hope this was just an artist's joke. Amusing, but actually using one in public is just too dangerous.

• Mike says:

i do have dogs, and i would buy this for the novelty factor. that's the beauty of 'market'. isn't it?

• Adriana says:

I hate!

• Adriana says:

I hate!

• dumb idea says:

yes it's funny to look like your shooting your dog. michael vick approved!! let's make it for kids instead…

• @de_arnst says:

Great idea, but it's just a joke

• Anonymous says:

I'd start walking people if I had this.

• saturdaynight says:

It's April Fool's joke, still i would like to have one of these.

• Freddie says:

Surprising idea yet a bad joke

• marco says:

I think that this object comunicate a bad message

• pedro says:

perfect….. i want one for my little Yorkshire:):)

• Marcio says:

I own (and love) 3 dogs and I would buy it in a heartbeat. It's very, very funny.

• James says:

To Mike and Marcio – any TRUE dog lover would hate the mere implication of hurting their animal. The idea of me pointing even a toy gun at my dog with funny intentions of jokingly shooting it disgust me. If you think it's “very very funny” then you need to start watching some classic sitcoms to learn what real humour is. I understand the novelty joke factor but no REAL animal person would want one of these. And on a purely practical standpoint, if a bigger dog pulls violently whilst you're holding it, the design of the grip is not good enough for you to keep a hold. Bad idea all round really. As Marco said, it communicates a bad message and makes light of things that really do go on. I know, I think I'm going to design some joke tsunami trousers!!!

• Jimmy C says:

James, for Pete's sake CALM DOWN before you hurt yourself. It's just a joke okay? Anyone can tell it's not actually going to happen.

• James says:

Just because I was stating some facts doesn't mean I was angry or screaming about it, I'm a designer, I was making observations about it that anyone would make in a product meeting. I don't think designers would get very far if they kept saying in presentations 'calm down before you hurt yourself, it's a joke ok' haha. Obviously you're not going to find this in shops anytime soon and it's a novelty item like I stated a few times. But the fact that people who've posted here actually want one indicates that it could make it onto the market, despite its bad taste. Some jokes are funny, some are not, if someone made one involving a baby, I don't think anyone would be saying “it's just a joke”.

• Jim says:

That's because babies are the offspring of our species, and not a beast that has a small lifespan and scoots his ass on the carpet. But then maybe I don't understand because I'm not a “true animal lover” like yourself. There's my 2 cents, go buy a sense of humor with it.

• James says:

• wan carlos says:

dude
    honestly, its awsome, i own a dog, and i have many friends who also own dogs as well. and they would all find this awsome, to all the dog lovers out there, we all love our little balls of goodness, but sometimes we get angry at them, weather thats becouse they are begging at the table, or leaving you little presents on the carpet.
    the fact of the matter is, it is a joke, and it doesnt meen that people need to get this worked up.

• in good company says:

I can't see anyone getting worked up over it here but yes, it's clearly a joke item and wouldn't actually be allowed to be used out in public anyway. I don't understand your point though, you and your friends have dogs but because sometimes you get angry at them a lead in the shape of a gun so it looks like you're shooting your dog would be a good idea? Like when I get angry at my children sometimes, a joke meningitis outfit on them might be quite funny. Actually yeah, that does sound pretty amusing. You're right, I want one of these right now!

• Johan says:

Make it! I as a dog owner would love to walk around with this. Not because I hate dogs/animals (have lots of them) but just to be cool and annoy the same people who are crying about it here.

• wan carlos says:

mass produce it, make it a diffrent color, actually, as long as it has a orange tip, it is legal. people wold buy it, thats the market, supply and demand.

• Sarah says:

Actually, the orange tip thing only makes it legal in America as guns are legal there anyway. Almost everywhere else around the entire world this would be completely illegal orange tip or not and would scare people on the street anyway; not everyone is American you know. AK47's are abundant in the middle east, is that the market too? There's your supply and demand for you! Please do buy one Johan and Wang, you'd soon realise what a bad idea it is when you get fed up of the amount of looks you get on the street when walking your dog and the volume of people coming upto you and asking if it's real and why have you got such a stupid device. Do it!

• Jim says:

Anyone who believes this is real when seeing a person walk around with it leveled at their dog and a nylon leash coming out of it's tip deserves to be shot because they are clearly too stupid to live.

• Pingback: Povodokus
  • WHERE DO I GET ONE?! SERIOUSLY.

• Chris Salmond says:

I love our pup, and would buy this thing as soon as it hit the shelves of stores/ebay.
    I think its a crack up, and before James comes back for another rant, our pup Misty, is pretty much our best friend, she does everything we do, goes where we do, we love her to bits.
    Having a lead like this doesn't mean i want to shoot her, its not cruel, its not mean, its not heartless, its just a joke/gag item.
    If these don't go into production soon, i may have to steal the idea and produce one myself!! 😀

• Kristopher says:

I'm one of those CCW holders you mentioned, Jake.

• angel says:

i don't really like this kind of humor…
    do u think dog lovers will try to scare their dogs?haha

• Matt says:

• Jim says:

That's because babies are the offspring of our species, and not a beast that has a small lifespan and scoots his ass on the carpet. But then maybe I don't understand because I'm not a "true animal lover" like yourself. There's my 2 cents, go buy a sense of humor with it.

• Jotek says:

it's typical Russian humor, stupid and for fools. no real funky content, not funny. for brainless people with lack of humanity and imagination.

• Jotek says:

• toonraver says:

This is a great idea! As both a dog and gun lover this would be so much fun to have. If anything just to piss off all the bleeding heart liberals that can’t take a joke in anyway, and are just as quick to stomp all over someone freedoms in an effort to make themselves feel good about the stick in their butts.

I could just see walking my two Dobermans with a gun leash in each hand.

It would be great if someone actually ran with this seeing as how the site that posted it will not be doing it.

As far as it being dangerous…well most people would notice the giant red lead coming out of the “fake” gun. You could even change the color to a reflective yellow or orange for night walks, or even glow in the dark, if one were really worried about Police action for a leash.