Cute Crushing!

PETer is this really cute bottles and aluminum cans crusher that hangs out on the walls. Its sweet disposition is to attract attention from children and encourage them to recycle bottles and cans the right way. The cartoon caricature for the compactor is quite apt to get em started young!

Designers: Guillermo Juárez & Samantha Arredondo

• Petr says:

Very nice concept and colors! But I think kids would not be able to push it down with the PET bottle in. There is another (maybe) problem – there will be a lot of presure on the wall hangs when pushed down.

• Petr says:

• MLG says:

Is there something to prevent kids from smashing their own (or their friend's) hand in it? I can see the potential for a lot of mischief.

• MLG says:

• Tom says:

Agree with Petr. And also what happens when the kids slams the thing down on his fingers as shown in the picture.

• Tom says:

• Yea… same question pops up in my mind… may be make it on the floor and step on it instead?

• Edddd says:

You could add a lever to the side to be able to exert more force.
    Make it look like peter has arms.

• Edddd says:

You could add a lever to the side to be able to exert more force.
    Make it look like peter has arms.

• Maik The Man says:

It's very seemed, it's a funny project from a university of design in Barcelona!!!!

• Maik The Man says:

• Alp says:

verycute and encourages you to crush/recycle stuff !

”You could add a lever to the side to be able to exert more force.

Make it look like peter has arms.”

i agree with this above, also using an arm wouldnt only increase the crushing force but also be safer. but kids will still do what they do

Not sure about the wall connection. a lot of force will be applied to it so might be a weak point.

Presentation and idea is great well done

• Alp says:

verycute and encourages you to crush/recycle stuff !

”You could add a lever to the side to be able to exert more force.
    Make it look like peter has arms.”

Presentation and idea is great well done

• sxmon says:

nice design but..
    I visited a triage center and it's much more easier to collect bottles which are not compressed ! Let me explain you why : they have an automatic machine to remove plastic bottles, it recognizes what looks like a bottles and actually a compressed bottles doesn't look like a bottle.

• sxmon says:

nice design but..

• Ion says:

Useless, unless it would contain some sharp blades.
    Seen many concepts of how to minimize volume, but all so so… with diferent problems like design,cost…
    Still the easyest way is to put pet bottle on the ground and simply step on it with both feet 😛

• Ion says:

Useless, unless it would contain some sharp blades.

• Rain says:

Looks great -thoigh I do have to echo the question on others on here; what is to stop the kids from smashing others hands in this device!

• Rain says:

• Amanda says:

ooor… we could focus on avoiding plastic bottles in the first place. Problem solved.

• Amanda says:

• Logic says:

this has existed since the turn of the 20th century, can crushers have been around as long as aluminum cans have, just stick a bottle in that bad boy and boom done, or you could just smash it yourself, or as amanda said dont use bottles to begin with. theres nothing new or innovative here, just a marketing scheme to get to kids

• Logic says:

• Wade says:

Or you could just recycle it. It's amazing to me than the majority of states don't recycle. I make a lot of money here in Michigan taking bottles back at 10 cents a bottle. We even have a recycle bin with the trash and a recycle truck to come pick it up. You can throw anything in the cardboard, paper, un-returnable bottles, other plastics, metals. My point is, work less on stuff like this and more on changing recycling policies.

• Wade says:

• axiom says:

How would you press down when them legs are in the way? or are you supposed to pull the jaw up?

• axiom says:

• axiom says:

How would you press on it if them legs are in the way? or are you supposed to pull the jaws up?

• axiom says:

• looker says:

I just wanted to point out that in the illustrations, the second photo to be exact, it tells you to push down on his head yet the slide bars are showing UNDERNEATH his mouth… indicating that the jaw was pushed up. If you want to show it being pushed down, that means the slide bars would appear over his head.

• looker says:

• Thats really innovative, I like the design.

• Thats really innovative, I like the design.

• nomorefoolery says:

Won’t work in my state since we can refund cans for 5c a pop, not by weight like california and some other states.

• nomorefoolery says:

• charlie says:

shut up you stipid yankkee bastard

• charlie says:

shut up you stipid yankkee bastard

• Jonathan says:

Dont talk to people like dat you stupid git! So disrespectful -.- people these days thinking that there all it!!! KMT BLAD!

• Jonathan says: