Toasted Wrap

It’s the future, say around the year 2015, and in this new-age we no longer believe in standard forms. Like a toaster need not be a rectangular box, it may as well be a Halo! A Super-flexible Toaster which is a sheet of heating element; blanketing the bread and making crisp toasts! Not fussy about space, you can fold it into half or roll it into wrap and stow it till next breakfast. Easy baby!

Designers: Burcu Bag, Amalia Monica & Vinay Raj Somashekar

• Jibin says:

Would love this for my dorm

• Jibin says:

Would love this for my dorm

• lars says:

how does it post the toast on both sides? i'm guessing that the user has to physically pick it up off the hot surface and flip it? stupid

• lars says:

• llama says:

If you looked at the subsequent pictures, you'd realise it folds over the bread.

• MartinYao says:

I like this design,but i still can not understand how it work.

• MartinYao says:

I like this design,but i still can not understand how it work.

• MartinYao says:

I like this design,but i still can not understand how it work.

• gadget says:

I like this design and understand how it work, but not sure about why we need it

• gadget says:

• Fingers says:

to make toast, does the steam not need to escape?

Probably why the box toaster has been around for so long – it works!

Nice try, but think it is flawed.

• Fingers says:

to make toast, does the steam not need to escape?

Probably why the box toaster has been around for so long – it works!

Nice try, but think it is flawed.

• Jimmy C says:

The steam will come out through three sides. It's not flawed, you didn't look at it hard enough.

• sissy says:

I have a Very similar design that I have done more than 2 years ago for Philips… – funny how people think quite similar …

• sissy says:

• blerfterguntersplart says:

looks nice and would be nice to see a trial product but agree with fingers. the steam would probably come out the sides but the weight of the top part might flatten down around the bread and squash it? also the colour changing idea is going to be a huge pain in the arse to implement into a system designed to reach those temperatures AND sense the surface of the bread. plus removing the bread would be hassle and i can see a lot of burns happening. best of luck if this idea goes forwards but i think it would need to expand from just toast either way

• blerfterguntersplart says:

• Anoynimus says:

Risk of cancer?

• Anoynimus says:

Risk of cancer?

• Talicia Wagner says:

it's brilliant and i want one. portable? amazing.

• Talicia Wagner says:

it's brilliant and i want one. portable? amazing.

• Wm Bell says:

I'd love to have one. But cost would be the issue. In the $100 to 125 range i'd buy one for me if they can get it out at the $70 make good gifts… More , it's only toasted bread or sandwiches..

• Wm Bell says:

• phylem says:

I’m disappointed in the lack of mission all the nay payers have. This is just an updated version of the riddle. Not only can it do all the traditional duties as a griddlwbut you can fold it in half and use it like a George Foreman grill, or even wrap it around a can of soup to heat it up. On a low setting you could put a plate of food in it to warm it up.

• Wessel Muller says:

Hi

Where can i purches this product?

Kind regards
    Wessel

• johnthorne says:

So, how come they don’t show the actual toast? Toasters are all over the map with this: some can’t get thick slices dark enough, some can’t toast evenly, and so on. Consequently, it’s very hard to find a toaster that toasts bread the way you like. (And when you do find it, it soon breaks.) So far, to me, this is simply an idea.

• Mary says:

Cool….look at the av available heating surface. You could toast huge slices. I often have specialty breads that don’t fit all the way down into the toaster, so I have to flip them to get both ends toasted. Would be handy for camping, traveling, and more.
    (no I am not a spokesperson, just an old granny who likes things that can simplify her life)