Hanging Books Are My Buddies

I’m very possessive about the books I own and very rarely lend them. I’d much rather display them on a bookshelf them hide them in cupboards. The Slim Book Case fits in perfect to any home or office environment and suits those who love exhibiting their collection. Sounds perfect for me! Adding a unique touch to your wall décor, the only flip side is that in the Slim version you can show off only 10-12 books (in 8 slots) at a time and the Demi Slim holds only 4-6 books (in the 4 slots).

Details:

• Clear Acrylic
  • Mounts to wall with 3 holes

Designer: Marianne van Ooij for Studioooij [ Slim ($190) | Demi Slim ($129) available @ YD Store ]

Slim Book Case by Marianne van Ooij for Studioooij

slim2

Slim ($190) | Demi Slim ($129) available @ YD Store

slim3

• brack says:

I like it. I’d like to see it displayed with ratty and torn books like the ones I own and on walls other than white. Then I could tell you whether I’d buy it or not.

• malb says:

very nice, but your house may look like a bookstore if you hang more than one.

• Margot says:

I like this idea for a kids room or nursery. This would quietly remind children of reading, without saying a word. Since the display can be changed up all the time, it does not need to become background scenery, like so many decorative items tend to do over time.
    okay, I can’t resist the pun: what a novel concept! Okay, whew, glad I got that outta my system.

• birdcongto says:

I like this idea

• Haytham says:

Really nice minimalist Design,I like it.

• Nick says:

a bit expensive for something so simple that you can make yourself from the hardware store

• Victor T says:

I like it a lot and I think the price is actually very good. Working with acrylic is deceptively more complicated than most people think. So kudos to the designer who can make my books float on the wall! Very cool.