Everchanging Wallnado

That’s another name for this product that I just made up! I mean the name, that is, this concept was designed by the incomparable Amirko, and it’s real name is “Change It!” Ohh scoop it! It’s one big wall of turn-triangles. Each of these triangles has different colors on them – white – black – and a slightly unique rainbow shade. As you can see in the first picture here, when the color is on full blast, it makes a mural all it’s own.

What combination of madness can be made? Choose your own adventure!

For now it’s the colors as explained above. In the future it might have any number of different choices for the sides – lights, materials, typography, body parts, animal fur, whatever!

Designer: Amirko aka Amirkhan Abdurakhmanov

Change It! by Amirko aka Amirkhan Abdurakhmanov

changeit02

changeit03

changeit05

• Give me one of these at home!

• Give me one of these at home!

• kix says:

the triangles on the side won’t turn. to less space. and with all the others there gonna be big problems turning…why not using light emitting foil? well, then the idea with physical moving tiles is gone.
    …?

• Berty says:

I really like the idea, easy to realise (or not too difficult!) you can change the triangle with light as mentionned by kix and having a software that helps to configure it!

• Aurel says:

Very well!!!

• User78 says:

What about using some sort of e-ink technology?
    Thinner and just need power for the update process

• javi says:

a tornado made of walls?

• dharanish says:

what material could this possibly be

• Bogdan Pop says:

Why not get a couple of LCD screens and throw them on the wall.

This concept is a bit limited, but nice though 🙂

• ThatWebDevGuy says:

I’ve been wanting to make a big panel wall like this with colored plastic, LEDs, and my Arduino… probably cheaper and more extendable… and very easy to play Tetris on!

• Butlertotheb says:

God damn that wall is awesome I am making this for my office tomorrow!

• theFonz says:

Sweet. Colorful for parties, black for dates, and then wheel of fortune for drunk fun times!

• vatsal says:

fundoo

awesome…..

• HS says:

It looks really cool – but as stated before this design doesn’t allow you to turn the triangles on the edges due to room – and looks as if there is no way to control the triangles individually negating the idea that you can write something or customize the wall.
    And just for the record Yanko Design, *because this is irritating me now* When have you ever shown the capabilities or the insight to ever make your cooler projects a reality, how dissapointing!!! Form beyond function? lol how bout making something functional for a change. Lets start with that.
    Good day.

• Radhika Seth says:

Dear HS,
      Yanko Design is a web magazine dedicated to introducing the best modern international design, covering from industrial design, concepts, technology, interior design, architecture, exhibition and fashion. It’s about the cutting edge and the classic, the new and the rediscovered.

I hope you realize that what we showcase are individual designs by independent designers. We only publish their works…

Hopefully u r not as irritated wth us now 🙂

• Taylor says:

HS,

I’m not too sure why you think the tiles/triangles can be controlled individually. Unless you’re seeing photo’s that I’m not. From what i can see, i can neither conform or deny that statement. Looks to me like a series of three sided triangular blocks stacked on a cylinder. Why couldn’t you rotate them individually? Do you look people and immediately determine what they can and can not do just by looking at them?

Oh, and Yanko Design did not create this or ANY of the things they publish. They simply publish and share designs. So… calm down.

• Carlos says:

amazing !!!

I wanna buy it too ! lol

• angelina says:

presciso de uma parede dessas com urgência! perfeita….

• Carlos says:

Angelina, vai ter que mandar fazer, o princípio deu pra entender, com cubos de madeira e com tubos de cano pvc ou inox dá pra fazer a astes.

vai dar um trabalho danado, mas o resultado é fantástico !

abraços.

• Victor T says:

I want one!!!

• rachael says:

this would be Amazing as a divider in a big loft….the mechanical nature of how it moves is also a lot more gratifying to me than any electronic solution.

• JIBRAN says:

VERY COOOOOL IDEA!!!!!!!

• Carlos says:

Does anyone know who makes that sectional?

• SE says:

How can we buy it though? I would like to use this in my home

• As we all can see the basic Idea of turning prisms was not mine (thank you Amirko aka Amirkhan Abdurakhmanov), but a 3D Render wasn't enough for me. I had to put something like this on my wall. And because I do have a job that consumes most of my time it took me only 1,5 years to finish this project 😀 Tests with different Materials, different colors, creating conceptual plans and afterwards the hands on construction of everything. I know it is not animatable with a computer or Arduino or whatever AND it is not emitting light. But as I am some kind of computer geek myself (Software-Developmer and Motion Designer) that's the whole point, to come back to analog installations. And if you have to buy, implement and program almost 600 (I kept only three of four wall modules) stepper motors, you think about it twice 😀

If you're interested in my real live implementation of the concept from above have a look at this: http://prismwall.daniel-wiedemann.de/

(I've also created a simple simulator to make my life in designing wall graphics a little bit easier)

• homintery says:

great wall design idea… is there any other material that could be used in addition

• As everybody can see I used light wood (spruce). It is still pretty heavy so construction around has to take around 35kg, which is a bad thing for transportation, installation and at last … the wall. Also because “wood works all the time” you have to count with an amount of deformation of the cubes because of temperature and humidity, but in my case I took these points as part of the concept of a more organic approach and am more than pleased with it.

In theory of course you could use plastic cubes as well, that don’t deform and are way lighter, but I couldn’t find someone who could have made all the cubes for an affordable amount of money (and if nobody in this forum guessed yet what the raw material costs of ONE my modules are –> around 600€). But there was ONE idea that would have been a shot, if I didn’t get it to late: you could use milled styrofoam (that is relllllatively cheap), maybe drill the holes your self (but keap in mind they have to be pretty precise on the top AND the bottom) and use some kind of paint that hardens the faces, so that you won’t destroy with the first touch.

• Ajneal says:

What did you use to separate the prisms vertically on the poles? Did you contemplate simply stacking them on top of each other? It looks like you have some sort of washer fixed in place to keep the gaps.

• I used cable straps. But I have to admit, that those have to be attached ver close, so they won’t move when you move the prisms. If you don’t separate the prisms, it would be a mess to design a new mural, because the prisms on top would of course turn as well.

• Ron Jordan says:

Hey. Great idea. I had a similar one. However. I want to see a led style mood wall. You have a color wheel like in photoshop you move finger on the circle in a room and it changes color for you. To fit your mood could also set up for themes. Party, certain music, work outs. Most anything could preset colors.